Real Estate Appraisal Forum

appraisersforum.com logo
The Premiere Online Community for Real Estate Appraisers!
 Fastest Way to Find a Real Estate Appraiser Enter Zip Code:

Go Back   Appraisers Forum > Real Estate Appraisal Forums > Marketing
Register Help Our Rules Calendar Archives Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-24-2004, 09:58 AM

State: North Carolina
Professional Status: Certified Residential Appraiser

I have done this before with other appraisers who are outside of my geographical area, and because I have had some good success as a result, I am offering quality client info to those who are willing to do the same. Who knows which clients are best better than another appraiser right?

I am primarily interested in REO/foreclosure work and other alternatives to typical mortgage lender work (I hope to distance my company from it as I foresee no promising future for that appraisal sector of the business), but might consider other quality clients that you respect enough to personally recommend. A client who sends volume of 10 or more assignments a month would be great, but one that sends one a week consistently would be OK too. In return, I am willing to offer you contact and basic information on a few of my better clients. Please don't respond if you have nothing to offer, this is an opportunity for mutual benefit.

*It is likely that you won't be able to offer any good quality AMCs who pay near full fees AND who aren't a major hassle to deal with (ie. quick turn times, constant monitoring, difficult underwriting conditions, etc.), so we can go ahead and mark 99% of AMCs off the list of potential clients.

PS: Email me as opposed to PMing me. PM box tends to fill up too quickly. Lastly, I would add that I AM interested in getting new review and relocation work.
Sponsored Links

Old 09-21-2004, 10:38 AM

In recognition of the "give and ye shall receive Biblical concept", here is a link to some potential business for you. Warning, consult the Deadbeat list and "Good, Bad & Ugly" list before you call each company. A number of these companies are amcs and some are deadbeats, but there are some reputable REO organizations on the list (other companies order lender appraisals as well). A good resource. Cheers!

http://www.sme-online.com/sme/ar-propval2003.pdf
Old 09-21-2004, 04:02 PM

State: Florida

Doug

Thanks for the scoop.
Old 09-24-2004, 09:40 PM

State: Illinois

Already listed in their directory under Appraisal Services, Inc. I've written a few articles for them too-- had to do with field servicing management. Can't say I've ever gotten an order from that exposure though.
Old 09-29-2004, 07:50 AM

"Give and ye shall receive" worked! I went from 5-6 assignments in the first 3 weeks of this month to 12 in the past week. It works. Anyone else care to share?
Old 09-29-2004, 10:12 AM

State: Washington
Professional Status: Gvmt Agency, FNMA, HUD, VA etc.

doug did you sign up with the REO work or just all of them?
Old 09-29-2004, 12:54 PM

Ryan,

I signed up primarily with REOs. Amcs really don't interest me. Some of the companies do not hire appraisers - check each for "vendor type". Judging from some "Good, bad, ugly clients" AF comments, you won't want to work with all of these companies. I researched the Good, Bad & Ugly (of course, some appraisers have offered pros & cons so you will have to decide for yourself) before I went to the trouble of filling out any paperwork, I recommend you do the same.
Old 01-28-2005, 06:21 PM

Doug,

Thanks for sharing. I will keep you on the list for NC referrals from good clients. How about those Pfeiffer Falcons?? Ever hear of them.

Old 02-08-2005, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Thanks for sharing. I will keep you on the list for NC referrals from good clients. How about those Pfeiffer Falcons?? Ever hear of them.
No, I have heard of Pfeiffer though. Isn't Pfeiffer a college?
Old 04-28-2005, 11:45 AM

State: California

Is REO work different? Certainly haven't done any yet, and don't know anything about it. Can you give me a pointer or two. Thanks.

Jodi Nutt
Sponsored Links

Closed Thread