Real Estate Appraisal Forum

appraisersforum.com logo
The Premiere Online Community for Real Estate Appraisers!
 Fastest Way to Find a Real Estate Appraiser Enter Zip Code:

Go Back   Appraisers Forum > Real Estate Appraisal Forums > Marketing
Register Help Our Rules Calendar Archives Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2004, 04:27 PM

Hello Forum:

I'm sending out letters to thank recent clients that have used our firm's services. Enclosed will be a pad of post-its with our name, number and the counties we serve. Just trying to keep my name in front of faces, yada yada.

Anywho, I'm just not very confident in my letter writing, in terms of remaining professional and conservative. And so I'd like to solicit your aid to please review and give me any constructive criticism that will hopefully help build my skills. Please feel free to remark on any aspect...just be kind please

Thanks in advance! Allison

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you for your recent inquiry with Appraisal Systems! We hope you found our services to be of value to you and your purposes.

Appraisal Systems has delivered quality, dependable valuations of real property to the San Francisco, San Mateo and Santa Clara counties since 1982. Our services are executed professionally with the constant underlying consideration of our clients—and your clients—in mind.

Enclosed, please find a pad of Post-its® that we hope will serve as an accommodating and useful aid to your daily remarks as well as conveniently remind you of who to call might you be in need of an appraisal in the areas we serve.

Again, we thank you for your business and wish yours the best in success and prosperity.

Sincerely,
Associates of Appraisal Systems
Sponsored Links

Old 09-17-2004, 11:09 AM

State: Colorado
Professional Status: Certified Residential Appraiser

allison,...... Now 3 weeks since you posted this and I am catching it this morning. I think it has a comfortable, easy flow to it and shows your commitment and sincerity to service. By all means, send them out ! Nothing could be more powerful than taking the effort when logistics and timing have you driving near a client's office.....and stopping in for a face-to-face greeting, short chat, bye, and see ya later. I really wish that recent years had enabled me to secure some in-town clients for which that could be an on-going practice of mine. The over-supply of practioners here, backed up my unwillingness to do pre-reporting of possible value results, and merely charging a fair and reasonable fee kept me out of the loop locally. My clients are generally out-of-town. It also has an impact when you can learn of the birthday of your client and send out a humorous b-day card a few days before. I did that recently for my best client over these recent years. Happened to call her about 10 days later....and she immediately thanked me for that. We just want connectivity to be maintained.
Old 09-18-2004, 01:04 PM

State: California
Professional Status: Certified Residential Appraiser

Sounds like a great idea.
Old 09-18-2004, 04:51 PM

State: Louisiana
Professional Status: Retired Appraiser

Nice letter. I would suggest they be handwritten so they come across as being personal.

I do think the Post-its section could be a little shorter. Maybe something like....

We hope the enclosed Post-its® will remind you of us the next time you need appraisal services.
Old 01-28-2005, 06:45 PM

If you can hand address the letters and use a live stamp rather than a meter.

Best to not have a return address but the fact that you're mail will be lumpy due to the post it notes helps to get the mail open. Study some direct response strategies and copywriting techniques. They are a very valuable skill that very few appraisers use.

You're off to a great start.

Good luck B)
Sponsored Links

Closed Thread