Real Estate Appraisal Forum

appraisersforum.com logo
The Premiere Online Community for Real Estate Appraisers!
 Fastest Way to Find a Real Estate Appraiser Enter Zip Code:

Go Back   Appraisers Forum > Other Forums > The Watercooler
Register Help Our Rules Calendar Archives Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2004, 07:27 PM

State: Wisconsin
Professional Status: Licensed Appraiser

As I have mention in few of my postings, I was working on a cout case, personal injury casue by a horse.

Finished up reading all the depo's last night. The poor person being sued really did nothing wrong. Tried to do everything right and for the most part did. Except for being in the wrong place with the horse at the worng time. The horse in question didn't even kick the person injured.

Person gets kick, Person injured can not sue the state because of statute. State no doubt about 60% to blame. Parties owning horse that kick the person have no insurance, doubtfull they have a pot to _ _ _ _ in or a window to toss it out 39% to blame for accident. Person leading horse has insurance, and other assets at best 1% for being in the wrong place at the right time to blame.

I tell the plaintiffs lawyer this and that by all rights I can not go in as an expert wittness for his client because of the above findings on my part. He agreeded with me as to my findings and feelings. But said this was the only place he could find money for the persons pain and suffering that got kicked. The person didn't even break a bone.

What is really going on in this country???? Is it all about greed and money and I want, want, want and don't want to work for it?? Is this why so many LOs, MBs, and Mr. and Mrs. Skippie are doing what they are doing. How do we clean things up?? Set and Honest and straight course?
Sponsored Links

Old 09-30-2004, 07:38 PM

State: New Mexico
Professional Status: Certified Residential Appraiser

Ray - I don't know what to say, except that we see it everyday. It's a said situation. Most of the younger "adults" are not educating, training, whipping and providing guidance to the rug rats that they call Kids that they brought into the world. Real shame. Kinda makes me glad I'm not going to be around in a 100 years to see the downfall of society.
Old 09-30-2004, 08:20 PM

State: Arkansas
Professional Status: Certified General Appraiser

It is called responsibility, and nobody seems to accept it. Everything bad is someone elses fault, but they take full credit for anything good. The Bible says Time and Chance take us all. We are gonna die either by running out of time or running out of luck. My cousin's grandson died this week. He was 3. Saw his favorite neighbor's dog in the yard apparently and slipped out the door. Followed the dog down the road. It was hot. The dog went to a creek almost 1/2 mile away for a swim. Hunter followed and fell in the only deep pool for a mile in either direction. He saw some chicken catchers along the way and talked to them. He was missed within minutes, and the family was never more than 5 min. behind him. Bad things just happen.
Old 09-30-2004, 09:52 PM

State: New Hampshire

Terrel,

I am so sorry for the great loss in your family. That is so sad.
Old 10-01-2004, 05:20 AM

State: Florida
Professional Status: Retired Appraiser

Terrel,

Please know you and your family have our deepest sympathy and send you all the strength to get through this. The loss of a child is a very deep hurt that only time can eventually ease. Let us know if there is anything we can do.

Ray,

We have a sick society that I can only hope gets better soon.
Old 10-01-2004, 07:02 AM

State: Wisconsin

Terrel,

Sorry for the lost to your family.

I find it always hard to understand why the young ones, the inocent, that appear to have full life are called home to be with the master.
Old 10-01-2004, 07:26 AM

State: Michigan

Welcome to the Culture of Victimhood.

You are never responsible for anything.

It is always someone else's fault.

And there are over 1,000,000 attorneys lurking in the bushes, each of whom is willing, for 35% of the take, to locate that someone and take your case to court, there to extract your just recompense from the guilty party. And if the party is not guilty, it does not matter because the jury will have learned their law on Oprah's knee. It then becomes not a matter of justice or right and wrong but of wealth redistribution (except for the 35% that goes to the lawyers).
Old 10-01-2004, 09:11 AM

State: Connecticut

Richard, the 35% is the proportional share of "Re-Distribution" that has been already calculated in at "Law School" - and is a contributing factor to the cost of Law School.

Ray, I will assume from your input we may be close in age, and when I was younger my parents did there best to teach us right from wrong; that a "handshake agreement" was worth something, because the person you were dealing with, for the most part was honest. During my teenage years changes were taking place quietly and as I got into my 20's it began to change even more. by the time I had reached 30 - a great many changes had occured, but I could always remember sitting with the older guys and how they rememberd the "good ole days"; they are forever lost in time, the world today is in a terrible state, how that will change - I can't even imagine.

Terrel,
my heart goes out to you and yours, all to often it is the simply things in life that hurt our hearts forever - at that age things are simple, just unknown.

Old 10-01-2004, 09:55 AM

State: Indiana

Why do bad things happen to good people? Age old question.

The Bible says the rain falls on the just and unjust. Unfortuantely death is a part of life....just wish it would only happen to the unjust!

All I can say is...People, Don't give up! This life is the only one we have. This world is the only one presently. But it is not hopeless. Only if the just give it over to the unjust!

Terrell, God bless you and your family through this difficult time. God give peace to the parents.
Old 10-01-2004, 10:24 AM

State: Washington
Professional Status: Gvmt Agency, FNMA, HUD, VA etc.

Terrel,

Sorry to hear about that.
Sponsored Links

Closed Thread