Real Estate Appraisal Forum

appraisersforum.com logo
The Premiere Online Community for Real Estate Appraisers!
 Fastest Way to Find a Real Estate Appraiser Enter Zip Code:

Go Back   Appraisers Forum > Real Estate Appraisal Forums > Marketing
Register Help Our Rules Calendar Archives Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2004, 07:41 AM

State: Wisconsin
Professional Status: Licensed Appraiser

We have taken to filliping the request that come in our email to sign up for a loan. We get some where around 20 to 50 a day. Just depending on day, time of month and such. Been just sending them to the trash until last week. Then I ask the crew what they thought about using this as a marketing tool by flipping the email. All said give it a shot and lets see what happens.

We send back an email that we are appraisers and at this point have no interest in a loan. But are accepting new clients for appraisal work. We send along our terms and conditions sheet, price sheet, area covered sheet. Notice of No Comparable sales checks. All work is COD.

In the past week we are starting to get orders in from this new marketing. (3)

I think we are going to set up and email and lead a few lenders down the primrose path that we are looking for a loan. This should get us several thousand request for doing our loan. It been two years that we were looking for a loan and we are still getting request. At that time we inquired to only four lenders.

Just passing on a bit of information.
Sponsored Links

Old 10-01-2004, 09:48 AM

State: California
Professional Status: Certified Residential Appraiser

That's a great idea Ray! You're really using your noggin.

I've been do that for months with the pesky telemarketers and have gotten some orders. Not really the steady type of clients I want but every little bit helps.
Old 10-01-2004, 05:14 PM

State: Illinois

I've been doing that for over a year. To my knowledge I have had no new orders from it.
Old 10-01-2004, 06:37 PM

State: New Mexico

I'm with the Cookie Boy - no orders from what I've flipped - in fact I've gotten a few calls that some fool bought as a lead and still tried to turn it into a current or future order to no avail.
Old 10-01-2004, 06:44 PM

State: North Dakota
Professional Status: Real Estate Agent or Broker

Considering the source of those emails, isn't this an invitation for free comp check requests? I doubt the people sending those emails work for Lily White Bank & Trust. It reminds of me of Captain Woodrow F. Call lecturing Gus about that latin motto on their sign....."You just might be inviting people to come and rob us." B)
Old 10-02-2004, 10:04 AM

State: Wisconsin
Professional Status: Licensed Appraiser

Not for us. When they open page one, it tells them we are a real estate appraiser and that in big bold print we do not give prevalue or Comparables sales check of any kind.
Old 01-28-2005, 06:17 PM

That idea has worked well for me also. Just got a huge client for a friend of mine that does not compete with me using this very strategy.

Thanks for sharing with the forum

Sponsored Links

Closed Thread