Real Estate Appraisal Forum

appraisersforum.com logo
The Premiere Online Community for Real Estate Appraisers!
 Fastest Way to Find a Real Estate Appraiser Enter Zip Code:

Go Back   Appraisers Forum > Other Forums > The Watercooler
Register Help Our Rules Calendar Archives Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2004, 11:58 AM

State: Louisiana
Professional Status: Retired Appraiser

I found a great pair of overshoe boots in a birding magazine. These babies slip very easily over my existing shoes (I've tried them with 4 different pair of shoes) and come up to 20" or the knee. Light weight, water proof & great tread, and they are made for hiking. I almost can't wait for snow to try them out. Now I can wear my regular shoes. When I go into the houses I can easily slip these off and walk around in my regular shoes. I timed myself and while standing, it took about 20 seconds to put each overshoe on. I think they are going to be the best thing I have come across. They have different heights available, 20" is the highest. Another possible use is when I do REO's and if they are flea filled...these boots are 20" high and no way for those little suckers to get to my ankles.
They can be found at Boots

ALso got a pair of waterproof gloves with gripping beads on the palm & fingers. Stuck my hand in a filled sink for about 5 minutes...no leaks. Very comfortable and a good fit. I could pick a quarter up off of the kitchen counter with the glove on.

Gloves can be found at Gloves
Sponsored Links

Old 10-04-2004, 12:06 PM

State: New Mexico
Professional Status: Certified Residential Appraiser

Terrel - the boots look excellent - which ones did you get? The Surveyor?
Old 10-04-2004, 12:31 PM

State: Louisiana
Professional Status: Retired Appraiser

The surveyor.

You better not confuse me with that Terrel guy or I'll hafta :sniper: I go by Terry or TE. :rofl:

The boots also have a special heal so they can hook into snow shoes. When I ordered them it was a gamble & I thought I might end up sending them back. No way, you not gonna get 'em away from me now.

Wayne should add these to his line of products he carries in his line of AF stuff.
Old 10-04-2004, 11:34 PM

In the winter I wear ordinary dress zipper boots, a half size larger than regular-size boots and wear leather oxfords (dress) with them.

On the job in the winter I don't wear my black sneakers because they simply will not slide into boots unless the latter is 2 sizes larger.

For deep snow, I stuff new dishtowels around each pant leg top. Carry in pocket just like a handkerchief. Works slick as a whistle. Then before I get back into the car, I just tug on them and they come out and the snow falls away.

Keeping in mind that I always do the inside of the house first.

L- in MN
Old 10-04-2004, 11:52 PM

State: Tennessee

I wear Herman Survivors year round, but I guess its a southern thing. I still have the pair of Herman Hiking boots (remember the red laces that went all the way to the toe?) and still wear them on occassion. I don't think you can wear them out. Waterproof, leather, breathable and as comfortable as house shoes. The Survivors polish up nicely. About $80 a pair, but they last forever!
Old 10-05-2004, 12:00 AM

State: California

Alright! An updated Moon Boot. :lol:

Looks like overkill for me. No snow here, and little rain.
Would be great for the doggie land mines.
Old 10-05-2004, 12:08 AM

State: Florida

Used to live (survive) in Michigan,

Now, its... Sandals in the Spring...Sandals in the Summer...Sandals in the Fall...Sandals in the Winter...and Sandals in Hurricane season.

Good enough foe Jesus, good enough for me.

JS :rainfro:
Old 10-05-2004, 08:13 AM

State: New Mexico

Quote:
Originally posted by TE Lawrence@Oct 4 2004, 11:31 AM
The surveyor.

You better not confuse me with that Terrel guy or I'll hafta :sniper: I go by Terry or TE. :rofl:

Had to take a little friendly with you - couldn't pass up the chance for a :sniper:

I thought the surveyor might just be the ticket. We don't get much out here but when it does hit - WOW
Old 10-06-2004, 10:30 AM

State: Texas
Professional Status: Licensed Appraiser

I also have a pair of the Neos boots. They're awesome. Waterproof, lightweight, and very easy to get on and off.
Sponsored Links

Closed Thread