Real Estate Appraisal Forum

appraisersforum.com logo
The Premiere Online Community for Real Estate Appraisers!
 Fastest Way to Find a Real Estate Appraiser Enter Zip Code:

Go Back   Appraisers Forum > Real Estate Appraisal Forums > Marketing
Register Help Our Rules Calendar Archives Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2004, 12:28 PM

Greetings:

I'm looking for references from you guys to find some reliable AMCs; it seems that many brokers I've worked with are taking this route. I've already scavanged through other topics for names but would like to create a consolidated list.

Thanks a bunch Allison
Sponsored Links

Old 10-05-2004, 09:04 PM

State: Oklahoma
Professional Status: Certified General Appraiser

Some on this forum will tell you that "reliable AMC" is an oxymoron. They are like most other businesses, they will use you as long as they need you, then throw you away like last night's dishwater.
Old 10-05-2004, 10:17 PM

That's what I thought. In fact, I was going to refer to 'reliable AMCs' as being an oxymoron within my post initially. Recent experiences, though, seem to suggest that many brokerages and lenders are making use of these industry skimmers. So if that's the case then I would imagine that there just might be legitimate AMCs that take care of their appraisers. Am I dreaming?
Old 10-06-2004, 07:30 AM

State: Alabama
Professional Status: Certified Residential Appraiser

There are some that are better than others. I imagine there are a few that are actuallyy good. But they probabaly are small and local. But don't expect many Appraisers are going to give that info out publicly. There are a lot of people that read this group and never post. If they post their good clients names their competition may read it and steal their client.
Old 10-06-2004, 10:28 AM

State: California
Professional Status: Appraiser Trainee

I've done a little work for a major AMC in the past few months. I haven't heard from them for about six weeks now. When I call them to ask why my work has been cut-off their reply is "things have slowed down in your area". I find this to be bull@#*#. They probably don't like my turn times. They want a turn time of 2 days after inspection, even if the property being appraised is a difficult one. Oh well, I don't miss getting a call twice a day asking me when the appraisal is going to be ready. They worked for a while but now it's time to move on. :dance:
Old 10-06-2004, 05:37 PM

State: Florida

Best way is to experience them for your self- like we all did. AMC's change managment, and we all have different sytles- posters disagree on which AMC"s are good to work for. Also AMC"s have different rates and standards in different parts of the country. So, sign up with a few, then weed them down to the best one or two you like working with and give them your best service. With all the bad things written about them, most AMC's are loyal to productive appraisers, so don't try to spread yourself too thin with too many of them. Good luck
Old 10-09-2004, 06:33 PM

State: Tennessee

I work for two AMC'S, both of whom pay good fees. Its a good steady line of income, or at least it has been for me.
Old 10-10-2004, 08:34 AM

State: Illinois

Dean, what percentage of the appraisal fee represents a "good" fee to you? I like to think that 100% of the appraisal fee is reasonable. When I started appraising, I was advised to look into AMC's as a source of business. Looking back, I can't really say they were a source of business. These companies are bad news, plain and simple. If they were honest, they'd be advertising to appraisers, "We attract a lot of lender business because we provide appraisals throughout the country. We'll hire you to do appraisals for us if you can do them lightning fast and dirt cheap. The faster and cheaper, the more appraisals we want you to do for us. We want to suck all the money that should be going into your pocket going into ours. We also don't want to have to provide you with any health or vacation benefits, and we don't want any liability. That's why we hire you as an independent contractor. In short, we think you are a sucker." Of course, they wouldn't attract as many appraisers then.
Old 01-07-2005, 12:51 PM

State: Illinois
Professional Status: Certified General Appraiser

I spoke with one amc a while back, they said I could get business based on fee. They broke down each county, and one county was down to about 50% of a full fee. A new appraiser had to lowball the fee by 5 or 10 percent to win the business. What can you do, if the appraiser will do it, can't stop em.
Old 04-13-2005, 06:02 PM

Accolade Network, Inc. www.appraise.com
AMCO (Appraisal Management Company) - www.amco.net
AMLEND Mortgage Services - www.amlendonline.com
Appraisal Enhancements www.ousleyinc.com
Atlantic Assurance - 800-707-3703
Atlantic First - Web site will be up in Nov. 1999.
Atlantic-Pacific Appraisal www.apaappraisals.com
CALCO Appraisal Management - www.calco.org
Chicago Title - Market Intelligence, Inc. www.ct-mi.com
Express Financial Services - www.efstitle.com
First American Appraisal Services www.firstam.com/appraisal
G.E. Capital Residential Connections - www.gecrs.com
General American Credit - www.gac.com
Integrated Loan Services - www.ils.com
Integrated Real Estate - 1-800-401-4420
Interpraise/US Appraisal Network - www.interpraise.com
LandAmerica Financial Group - www.ltic.com/offer/onestop.htm
LandSafe Appraisal Services - www.landsafe.com
Lenders Service, Inc. www.lendersservices.com
Mortgage Information Services www.mtginfo.com
Nationwide Appraisal Services - www.nascopgh.com
Oaks Financial Services - www.oaksfinancial.com
Orisyn - www.orisyn.com
Ornet - Old Republic Network Residential Services - web site in early 2000.
STARS/Cendant - Call 1-800-605-3937 and ask for vendor management/recruiting for your general area of the country
Steele Software Systems - www.steelesoft.com
U.S. Property & Appraisal - www.uspa.com - click on Vendor Services
Value-IT/First American - www.evalueit.com
Westpoint Appraisal Services- 800-375-3992
Sponsored Links

Closed Thread