Real Estate Appraisal Forum

appraisersforum.com logo
The Premiere Online Community for Real Estate Appraisers!
 Fastest Way to Find a Real Estate Appraiser Enter Zip Code:

Go Back   Appraisers Forum > Real Estate Appraisal Forums > Marketing
Register Help Our Rules Calendar Archives Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-18-2004, 08:03 AM

State: Wisconsin
Professional Status: Licensed Appraiser

What do you send your clients.? Bottle of Tn. Sipping Wiskey, Hot date in the Big City, Holiday card, some of those give a way things, coffee cup, calulator, key ring.

Do you accept gifts from your clients for the Holidays.
Sponsored Links

Old 11-18-2004, 08:08 AM

State: Illinois
Professional Status: Certified Residential Appraiser

I keep things simple. I don't want it to look anything like the gift has something to do with the business they send. I send a Thank You card at Thanksgiving. At Christmas, I'll send some type of food gift.
Old 11-18-2004, 08:21 AM

State: Tennessee

Copies of past due invoices.
Old 11-18-2004, 08:22 AM

State: Georgia
Professional Status: Certified General Appraiser

I just send personalized cards, but most of my clients are out of town. For the few local lenders I deal with, I tried the food thing (as well as other little gifts) and found that some banks don't allow gifts from vendors. I'm starting a new tactic this year.... a news letter that I can use for my appraisal and brokerage clients. With a change of letterhead, I can send interesting snippits of what's going on where.
Old 11-18-2004, 08:43 AM

State: Texas

Check your state laws carefully. Texas has a limit on what you can do. For example, a cookie tin is acceptable. A golf outing is not due to the costs. It's illegal to "induce by payment" appraisal work. Oddly enough, that includes offering $25 coupons for your appraisals, that sort of thing.
Old 11-18-2004, 09:04 AM

State: Florida

Local clients get either a candy gift basket w/ poinsetta (for the stogy ones) or hot krispy kremes & coffee delivered at 10am (for the fun ones).

Everyone out-of-town gets a card.
Old 11-18-2004, 10:52 AM

State: Ohio

Last year I bought jackets for everyone in the loan departments of my good clients. Not just any jackets, but ones with my comany name embroidered on them. They were a big hit, much appreciated. Before that, I sent mouse pads made of several sheets of paper (again with the company name). Before that, coffee mugs with company name. I try not to give something every year at Christmas time. That way it's viewed more of a thank you and less as an "obligation." I do however, send Christmas cards to everyone on the client list as well as the local brokers.
Old 11-18-2004, 11:41 AM

State: California

This year we are doing bottles of wine with custom labels. This company we found lets you choose one of their template labels or design your own. It ended up being about $15.00 per bottle.

If anyone is interested in more information p.m. me and i can give you the web-address or the number to call for a catalogue.
Old 11-18-2004, 08:49 PM

Location: Lucy's New and Improved Trailor Park, first, second and last months rent please.
State: Colorado
Professional Status: General Public

Ray

send me the bottle for sippin..
ill sip it
then Ill call yur clients and tell them what an awesome appraiser you are...

Personally I use donuts..

Rich
Old 11-18-2004, 09:29 PM

State: Texas

Quote:
Originally posted by Doug Walker@Nov 18 2004, 10:52 AM
Last year I bought jackets for everyone in the loan departments of my good clients. Not just any jackets, but ones with my comany name embroidered on them. They were a big hit, much appreciated. Before that, I sent mouse pads made of several sheets of paper (again with the company name). Before that, coffee mugs with company name. I try not to give something every year at Christmas time. That way it's viewed more of a thank you and less as an "obligation." I do however, send Christmas cards to everyone on the client list as well as the local brokers.
Can I get one of those "Redneck Appraisal Company" jackets too?

Closed Thread