Real Estate Appraisal Forum

appraisersforum.com logo
The Premiere Online Community for Real Estate Appraisers!
 Fastest Way to Find a Real Estate Appraiser Enter Zip Code:

Go Back   Appraisers Forum > Real Estate Appraisal Forums > Marketing
Register Help Our Rules Calendar Archives Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2005, 09:04 PM

State: Arkansas
Professional Status: Certified General Appraiser

In another post Ray mentions
Quote:
I have had a 169 clicks in in six months with no business coming in.
And you pay for advertising on line by the click, right? Or are you buying at a flat monthly fee? Seems if you have lots of hits but they are causal surfers, you could get hosed for a lot of cash at even a few cents per hit.

I am setting up a website to push my oil & gas appraising-consulting (but not my RE appraising) and I wanted to get some idea where and how appraisers are linking or buying advertising. My goal is not to maximize clicks but to attract high quality inquiries specifically for the mineral rights/ oil/gas biz. Estates and referrals from other consultants or appraisers are the primary source now and I feel with higher oil prices, there will be more opportunity to expand that part of my business.

So give me some general feel for marketing. Does blogging help link you to potential customers?

Old 04-03-2005, 12:04 PM

State: Louisiana
Professional Status: Retired Appraiser

Terrel,

1. Could you obtain a state list of people that have current gas/oil wells on their properties? Then turn this list into a marketing tool.
2. Is there a state list of oil/gas companies?
3. Are there any oil/gas company periodicals/newsletters?
4. Are there any lawyer directories where you can insert an ad targeting this type of work?

I think the internet is just too broad an area for specific marketing. You might get the occassional hit...but is it worth the cost?
Old 04-03-2005, 02:55 PM

Quote:
think the internet is just too broad an area for specific marketing. You might get the occassional hit...but is it worth the cost?
An internet site and 1 yr. monthly maintenance is less than 1/2 the cost of a tiny ad in Oil and Gas Journal...one shot freddy for 1 week. No, you won't get a lot of hits, but you will get a higher quality hit...Mineral appraisers are not exactly falling out of the sky. There are about one-half a dozen on line. Someone who needs a mineral appraiser may go to a google site, likely searching a geologist who appraises...not visa versa.

99.99% of land owners do not need a O/G mineral appraisal even if such a list exists (it doesn't). It is almost alway estate work or sales work. A lot of the work I do is not even valuation, but management and assessment. A postcard to every mineral right owner in Arkansas alone would bankrupt me. In older established fields the landowners rarely own or control the mineral rights...and MR deeds often transfer by affidavit of heirship, not by deed.

I intend to do some selective marketing possibly on the Nat'l Assoc. of Royalty owners site, but we are going to easy into it.

Actually I think the opposite you. The internet "noise" is too great for effective marketing of broad catagories. Specialities, poultry farm, malls, etc. would imho be easier to generate work than would be simply redential appraisal.

I see legal sites where lawyers seek specialized expert witnesses. Again, these tend to be a lot cheaper and have people actively looking for experts not just a generic appraiser.
Old 04-06-2005, 12:54 PM

State: California
Professional Status: Certified Residential Appraiser

The internet is the least expensive source of targeted traffic. I would suggest having a good website built for you that is search engine optomized for the words that you would like to target. Make them as specific as possible. For example, I would not target the word oil, but might include any 2 and 3 word phrases like oil appraising, mineral appraiser, and variations of all those. You can request bids for your project at http://www.rentacoder.com - a simple website will cost you under $100.00

Once you get that done, I would also buy pay per click advertising on google.com and overture.com as well as list your website in yahoo.com. Again, when paying per click for the keywords select only the most targeted keywords, nothing generic.

After optomizing my website for real estate appraisals in San Diego, I am #2 when you search for my most popular real estate appraisal keyword and come up #4-#6 on most appraisal terms for san diego.

Good luck!

Bryan
Old 04-06-2005, 03:10 PM

State: Florida
Professional Status: Retired Appraiser

Terrel:

Tell Wayne what you want:

http://appraisersites.com/
Old 04-06-2005, 05:22 PM

State: California
Professional Status: Certified Residential Appraiser

yeah, that is a good idea, they all have pretty good ranking as well.
Old 04-07-2005, 12:53 PM

Pam
I already have a site being constructed but i want to target non-appraisal sites. The last thing I want is a horde of mortgage brokers calling me.

Closed Thread