Real Estate Appraisal Forum

appraisersforum.com logo
The Premiere Online Community for Real Estate Appraisers!
 Fastest Way to Find a Real Estate Appraiser Enter Zip Code:

Go Back   Appraisers Forum > Real Estate Appraisal Forums > Marketing
Register Help Our Rules Calendar Archives Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2005, 11:14 AM

State: Missouri
Professional Status: Certified Residential Appraiser

I am listed with AppraiserUsa.com and have received several orders from that listing. I know its a good website. I've heard everyone say not to pay for any others and I have no intention of doing so.

<_< Appraisal.com keeps sending me emails to upgrade from my free listing. I sent the following email back to them:

Quote:

Dennis,

...I think I'll stay with the no-risk or platinum. I listed with you some months ago and have not received 1 order. There appears to be no incentive to sign up to pay for your service. I looked up my zip code and there are 22 appraisers listed. Only 1 gold member appears to have had any orders and he is using your software (Day One). The other 3 gold members have gotten very few orders. It appears your website is not generating very many orders. If it were you would prefer your clients to be on platinum as it seems your enterprise was originally set up. Your company would actually make more revenue at $49/month than $349/yr. It doesn't make sense unless you really don't have enough orders to go around.

No need to contact me to upgrade until you prove to me your website works.

Not losing any :asleep: over it. I'm just curious and would like to know if anyone with a free listing has ever received an order (how many) from Appraisal.com.
Sponsored Links

Old 04-07-2005, 11:22 AM

State: Missouri

Just got this reply as I was posting:

Quote:
No-risk is the worst membership level possible, unfortunately Iím not surprised you havenít received much. Main thing is gold members are receiving 90+% of the orders. As far as making more money $49 a month vs. $349 a year, I guarantee our accounting Dept. to that into account and with being able to invest that upfront means that the return is probably higher then $588. Call me to discuss this further.

Dennis C. Mazur Jr. ___
Nationwide Appraisal Network
Vendor Development Manager
Appraisal.com, Inc. 620 Main Street Buffalo, New York 14202
(800) 204.3319x278 fax: (716) 332.5951 dmazur@appraisal.com

:eyecrazy: Silly me, I thought they were soliciting customers not just someone to front-load their investment portfolio.
Old 04-07-2005, 12:26 PM

State: New York
Professional Status: Certified General Appraiser

I have a gold membership at Appraisal.com. I signed up approximately three months ago and have NEVER received an order. I find it kind of odd since not only do I live in a large market area, but live in the same state the Appraisal.com is based. If 90% of the orders are going to gold members, they simply donít have the work to go around.

My opinion: Donít waste your money.

Feel free to mention my name and refer to this post in any future correspondence with them.

David L. Wimpelberg
Peconic County Appraisal Service Inc.

Old 04-07-2005, 12:48 PM

State: Tennessee

Hello!

They called me yesterday. I've got the free membership with only one order two years ago. I probably hadn't gotton more since then because I hadn't updated my E & O Insurance on the website (it just renewed the first of this year). He said another appraiser in my area had gotton 62 orders since then??? Anyways, I told him pretty much the same thing that you wrote to him and added that I didn't have $300+ to throw away right now!!!
Old 04-09-2005, 01:06 PM

State: Arkansas
Professional Status: Certified General Appraiser

free service is worth every penny you pay for it
Old 04-22-2005, 02:05 AM

State: North Carolina

I received about one order per year from them. I'm not sure I understand this correctly. They want you to PAY for orders upfront? If I remember correctly they simply took $40 some dollars from my fee.

Anyway the last one I did for them they cancelled after I inspected the property and I never got a dime. It was over 60 miles round-trip. My best advice is to get YOUR money upfront from these low-life vultures.
Old 04-22-2005, 06:08 AM

State: Indiana
Professional Status: Licensed Appraiser

sound like a wireless phone company, service stinks so bad they need a contract to keep you paying
Old 04-26-2005, 04:04 PM

State: Illinois
Professional Status: Licensed Appraiser

I have received several orders through a free listing with AppraiserMatch.com. No problems . Great deal.
Old 04-27-2005, 04:28 PM

State: North Carolina

Quote:
free service is worth every penny you pay for it
Unfortunately, some pay services are worth the same thing!
Old 05-03-2005, 12:49 AM

State: California

I get about 1 order every 2 or 3 months from appraisal.com and have the fastest turn around time in my market area. I was hoping for much more.

Closed Thread