Real Estate Appraisal Forum

appraisersforum.com logo
The Premiere Online Community for Real Estate Appraisers!
 Fastest Way to Find a Real Estate Appraiser Enter Zip Code:

Go Back   Appraisers Forum > Real Estate Appraisal Forums > Technical - Hardware/Software > a la mode (WinTotal)
Register Help Our Rules Calendar Archives Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2005, 06:51 AM

State: Florida
Professional Status: Retired Appraiser

For those at Alamode that keep watch here:

Are you working on developing a standard basic URAR for NON-lending purposes?

If not, will you please???

Old 06-07-2005, 08:00 AM

State: Virginia
Professional Status: Certified Residential Appraiser

B) Pam,

The AI is working on their version of a residential appraisal report that will(in their opinion) be suitable for non mortgage lending residential work. Should be available this month or so I understand. It will be sent to memebers of AI as an announcement but can be used by anyone and I would believe that Alamode is or will be on top of it. I understand it is similar to URAR but has more narrative space. I met the AI rep in New Orleans and this is what he passed on to everyone.
Old 06-07-2005, 03:59 PM

State: North Carolina

AI has a version of their form available for comment at this time. Check their web site for more information.
Old 07-29-2005, 04:25 PM

Just finished the new URAR course at the Appriasal Institute and they said to use the old URAR for private appraisals. Not the new one we will be using in Nov. 1
Old 08-01-2005, 11:03 PM

Greg Myers,

I could find nothing about a new residential form designed by the AI.
Where on their Website is there any reference to it? I'd certainly like to see the form. I do not do any appraising for the origination of loans, so this form is of interest to me.

Please tell how to find it on their Site.

Tom
Old 08-01-2005, 11:19 PM

Thomas,

The AI form appraisal was in exposure draft, and the exposure draft period ended on June 27th. I was told that a public version will be released in about 2 weeks (although I'm not sure this is accurate). They passed around a copy of the latest version at the AI URAR course last Saturday, and it looked pretty good.

My biggest question is whether the software vendors will include it in their programs. I hope so.

Bob Anderson
Old 08-01-2005, 11:21 PM

State: Colorado

Anyone lurking from United Systems here? Do you have any plans for Appraisal Studio?
Old 08-02-2005, 10:32 AM

State: Arizona
Professional Status: Appraisal Management Company

United Systems normally can reproduce and make new forms available in Appraisal Studio within a week of a form being introduced. I have not seen the draft of the new AI form, so I don't know how complicated it is. The ability to transmit the new form via the various electronic delivery systems, such as AI, Mercury, and Lighthouse, obviously requires those vendors to support the new form as well.

If a reputable operation such as AI has already put forth the effort to design the form, and assuming it is designed well, it would be prudent for the appraisal software vendors to standardize on it rather than developing a bunch of incompatible versions. Have you ever tried to convert a report from your appraisal software to another format only to find that the forms do not precisely match between the two program, possibly including that some data gets lost? I can appreciate how frustrating this can be.

Lurkingly yours,
Jeff Kulon
United Systems Software Company
Sponsored Links

Closed Thread