Real Estate Appraisal Forum

appraisersforum.com logo
The Premiere Online Community for Real Estate Appraisers!
 Fastest Way to Find a Real Estate Appraiser Enter Zip Code:

Go Back   Appraisers Forum > Real Estate Appraisal Forums > Appraisal Education
Register Help Our Rules Calendar Archives Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-12-2005, 06:23 AM

State: Connecticut
Professional Status: Certified General Appraiser

Good Morning All;

Took the AI Seminar on Friday. Alan Simmons was the instructor and was very good. The CT chapter is doing this seminar again in Sept with Alan and if you are local enough, I would recommend it.

I think there are enough mouse traps in in the new form that one must take some sort of class or buy a book.

I know there are those who will rely on what ever instructions are issued with the new release, and if you are smart enough then fine. For me I am glad I went.

Regards

Hal
Sponsored Links

Old 06-12-2005, 11:50 AM

Hal,

I'm glad to hear that you found this seminar to be instructive. I take it on July 30th.

I've been creating my templates of the new forms and already have a list of items to ask the instructor. Besides certification 23, which I assume will be discussed anyway, I want to ask the instructor about the use of the 1004D form and the analyses required by this form.

Bob Anderson
Old 06-12-2005, 01:25 PM

State: Connecticut

Hello Robert;

Yes Cert. #23 was discussed and strongly objected to. Fannie Mae is the 800 lbs gorilla and if this is the only acceptable report form they will accept, then we will have to march to their drum or find another parade.

Quote:
Here is #23: The borrower,another lender at the request of the borrower, the mortgagee or its successors and assigns, mortgage insurers, government sponsored enterprises, and other secondary market participants may rely on this appraisal report as part of any mortgage finance transaction that involves any one or more of these parties.
may rely was my emphasis.

I have found in life that nothing is ever as good as it seems or as bad as it seems.
Yes I believe there are some warts in this thing, but after all the howling and crying, I think we will settle down to our usual abnormal life.

Regards

Hal
Old 06-12-2005, 01:47 PM

State: Washington
Professional Status: Certified Residential Appraiser

I too recently took the AI seminar "The Professional's Guide to the Uniform Residential Appraisal Report". Our instructor was Dawn Molitor-Gennrich, SRA, who also sits on the Appraisal Standards Board. As mentioned in previous threads, this is the seminar developed by Forumite Richard Heyn, SRA.

There was no one nodding off in this very informative class and the day flew by. It truly was one of the best, top-quality seminars I've attended, thanks to both Dawn and Rich.
Old 06-12-2005, 06:47 PM

State: Ohio

I will be attending that seminar this week (Friday) in Columbus. I had the opportunity to take a seminar from Mr. Simmons a few years ago-Appraising for FHA and it was the best seminar I ever attended.
Old 06-12-2005, 11:00 PM

State: Illinois
Professional Status: Gvmt Agency, FNMA, HUD, VA etc.

I took the AI class (T.J. McCarthy - instructor) on Wednesday, June 8th, in Willowbrook, Illinois. Outstanding. A real eye-opener on the nightmare certs and limiting conditions. Invest a day and take it.
Old 06-13-2005, 09:56 AM

State: Oregon

Hal,

My interpretation of the "may" and "assign" clause is that
I guess I have to support my report to all "assigns", but
as soon as I get that call wanting something, my policy
would be that the clock starts running.

I've always bid a job to include support though underwriting....
I don't see how I can bid competitively and then don't know
what level of support will eventually be required. Sort of
like legal work.

What else did you guys learn?

elliott
Sponsored Links

Closed Thread