Real Estate Appraisal Forum

appraisersforum.com logo
The Premiere Online Community for Real Estate Appraisers!
 Fastest Way to Find a Real Estate Appraiser Enter Zip Code:

Go Back   Appraisers Forum > Real Estate Appraisal Forums > Technical - Hardware/Software > a la mode (WinTotal)
Register Help Our Rules Calendar Archives Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2005, 08:53 PM

Does anyone else have problems with the comp database changing comp photos and descriptions around, and forms dropping? Or am I alone in a tiny boat on a rough sea? How do i fix this?
Sponsored Links

Old 07-02-2005, 12:57 AM

Gregg,

Can't say I've ever run into this problem, but WOW! It would be a big problem undoubtedly. Have you talked to their tech guys? You might try here http://www.alamode.com/tech/default.asp I don't know if you will find what you are looking for but if not there is always tech support.
Old 07-05-2005, 02:21 PM

State: Michigan
Professional Status: Certified Residential Appraiser

I haven't had a problem with it dropping forms or changing data inside the comparables, but it does swap comparable pictures around with great frequency.

The only cure I've got is to be vigilant. Check the pictures each and every time to make sure that the information is correct.
Old 07-05-2005, 03:11 PM

State: Florida
Professional Status: Real Estate Agent or Broker

I've had the comp photo problem.
Tech support claims that it was a problem with some files a long time ago.
They said that as long as you keep cloning files that had that problem, you will have to deal with the problem.
I also found that it won't screw up the photos if I don't change the order of the comparables. So the solution to the problem is not to put the photos in the report until after you are sure you are satisfied with the comp order.
Old 07-15-2005, 11:34 AM

State: Georgia

We had the problem here... three appraisers were using the same type camera with the same naming scheme. Saving them from the camera to wintotal apparently was causing "overwrites" in the images file.

We started using the QuickPix to load our photos from the camera and set them up to give each photo a unique identifier--the date plus a number extension.

We have had no problem since then.

Just my 2 cents worth.

-ed-
Old 07-18-2005, 10:33 PM

State: Texas

I agree with Ed, I use Quikpix and everything works fine. I change the order of my comps constantly, and the photos change every time.

Rick
Old 08-05-2005, 05:11 PM

State: Florida

No propblems at all you should call tech support at Alamode they are quite helpful
Old 09-09-2005, 09:19 PM

State: Iowa
Professional Status: Certified General Appraiser

I think every appraisal that I review has that problem - just kidding... used a la mode for years and never had it switch a photo. I dont even use the comps database... I have comp files in folders and can re-type quicker than paging through all the database.
Sponsored Links

Closed Thread