Real Estate Appraisal Forum

appraisersforum.com logo
The Premiere Online Community for Real Estate Appraisers!
 Fastest Way to Find a Real Estate Appraiser Enter Zip Code:

Go Back   Appraisers Forum > Real Estate Appraisal Forums > Technical - Hardware/Software > a la mode (WinTotal)
Register Help Our Rules Calendar Archives Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2005, 10:56 AM

State: Florida
Professional Status: Certified General Appraiser

I remember getting a call from sales in December, 2004, announcing the new version of WinTotal, to be released in Feb., 2005. Of course that was followed with the bad news of having to upgrade APEX, etc. Well, here it is half way through July, 2005, and no new program... Is this really going to come, or is this vaporware? I have asked for a manual for the new program, BETA copies to review, anything at all, and have NEVER received any comment back from Al A Mode. Anyone have any insight as to when it will finally be released???

Old 07-15-2005, 05:48 PM

My understanding is that is is being rolled out at the technology conference at the end of July.
Old 07-25-2005, 08:32 PM

State: New Jersey
Professional Status: Appraiser Trainee

Yes i heard the same thing,we'll see at the expo. they are suppose to give us a copy of it.
I'm kind of looking foward to it...
Old 07-25-2005, 10:26 PM

State: Georgia
Professional Status: Certified Residential Appraiser

I am an appraiser in Atlanta GA as well as a Wintotal reseler (dealer)

Aurora will be given out at the conference in Orlando next week. For those who do not go they will get theirs by mail by the following week.

Elite memberships will be shipped first. You will also be given the option to download it.

Any questions please send to wintotal@smithmyer.com

Thanks,
John Smithmyer
Old 08-02-2005, 02:52 PM

State: Florida
Professional Status: Certified General Appraiser

I called A la Mode today to get the new Aurora program. I was informed that it will be AT LEAST October until it is distributed. Per the sales person, it was given out to the attendees at the Technology Conference, and they don't want to pass out any more copies right now because they anticipate a deluge of technical support issues, bugs, etc.

I interpret this to mean that they are using the Conference attendees as guinea pigs!!! If they are this "confident" about the release, I think I will wait!!!!!

I find that funny because for months and months now, I and many fellow fairly computer savvoy appraisers have tried to become BETA testers, for nothing. I guess that they are so late with the release, that they are going to release it and let you poor suckers (conference attendees) be the next batch of testers of what is clearly not ready for market software.

I may sound bitter, but like you, I was sold unnecessary software upgrades, (the new APEX for one) LAST YEAR, by A LA Mode, in preperation of the "early 2005 release of the software. That investment has so far been useless...
Old 08-02-2005, 03:10 PM

State: Texas

Not to sound like an old timer, but this has happened on every new version Alamode has put out since I have used the program (1994). They seem to always be about a year late with the new product. I am a former beta tester, but they downsized last year (or they didn't like me telling them to just fix things last year without messing with my computer settings) and I am out of the loop on the new features. Athena works fine, be happy you don't have bugs to work out to get a report delivered. There is no way with any amount of beta testing for them to forecast future issues with the 1,000's of different users and computer systems. They get it working fine on their computers, but they don't have our programs, systems or virus programs.
Old 08-02-2005, 03:28 PM

State: Illinois

Quote:
I called A la Mode today to get the new Aurora program. I was informed that it will be AT LEAST October until it is distributed. Per the sales person, it was given out to the attendees at the Technology Conference, and they don't want to pass out any more copies right now because they anticipate a deluge of technical support issues, bugs, etc.
I wonder if we'll need to install Apex 4.0 by that time. Good thing I been saving my pennies by not upgrading last winter. :lol:
Old 08-02-2005, 07:10 PM

State: Ohio
Professional Status: Licensed Appraiser

According to the person I talked with at Alamode, it will be available to everyone in Sept.
Old 08-03-2005, 01:56 AM

State: California
Professional Status: Appraiser Trainee

as long as you have a membership, AURORA comes as a free update, right?
Old 08-03-2005, 08:15 AM

State: Texas

Right, as long as Aurora arrives during your contract.

Closed Thread