Real Estate Appraisal Forum

appraisersforum.com logo
The Premiere Online Community for Real Estate Appraisers!
 Fastest Way to Find a Real Estate Appraiser Enter Zip Code:

Go Back   Appraisers Forum > Real Estate Appraisal Forums > General Appraisal Discussion
Register Help Our Rules Calendar Archives Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2005, 08:09 AM

State: Texas
Professional Status: Certified Residential Appraiser

Does your state allow multiple active licenses for an Appraiser? If yes, please identify your state.

In simpler terms, when you upgrade from one license level to another in your state, is the earlier license marked inactive or does it remain active until it expires?

There is an issue with the National Registry search function. The search function displays the earliest active license it finds for a Appraiser rather than the most recent. This creates confusion when verifying an appraiser's credentials, the Appraiser always provides the most recent license and the National Registry does not. You can button on the search results and it will display all the active licenses for the Appraiser, but most people don't know this.

I've convinced the Appraisal Subcommittee this is an issue for Texas Appraisers. We're now trying to determine how many other states are impacted by this so a priority can be assigned to the issue.

The fix is minor, ie sort the search results chronologically beginning with the most recent and display the most recent license. I need to convince the ASC this can be addressed easily and is worthwhile to do.

If you want to check your listing:

http://www.asc.gov/content/category1/stand...spx?queryType=6

muchas gracias.
Sponsored Links

Old 07-26-2005, 09:02 AM

State: California

Man that gave me a scare - I just woke up and am stilly bleary eyed and read AQB Compliant as AQB COMPLAINT! What? Someone filed complaint on me? I need some caffeine.
Old 07-26-2005, 09:16 AM

State: North Dakota
Professional Status: Real Estate Agent or Broker

Most of the forum members have compliants.
Old 07-26-2005, 09:21 AM

State: Wisconsin
Professional Status: Certified General Appraiser

My license shows active for both Cert. Res and Cert. General. The Cert Res will expire at the end of this year. I believe the same thing happened in the past with licensed res and cert res both being active until the former expired.

Edit - it also shows the cert. res first, which could, I suppose be an issue if someone who was checking didn't scroll down to the next one.
Old 07-26-2005, 10:36 AM

State: Michigan

I was bleary eyed enough to go check if I had any compliants too!

:lol:
Old 07-26-2005, 10:47 AM

State: Louisiana
Professional Status: Retired Appraiser

My license is listed as "inactive", my certified is listed as "active". If someone looks in the wrong place, they are liable to think I'm out of business.

My original mentor died 2.5 years ago. He is listed as "inactive". Yep, he sure is.

Maybe the solution would be for their searches to only show 'active' appraisers. A special search could show all 'inactive' data.
Old 07-26-2005, 11:46 AM

State: Connecticut
Professional Status: Banking/Mortgage Industry

And for those of you who carry certification/license in multiple states, check it out - The AQB seems to only note one state, whichever the last one was to submit information to them. I'm Certified Residential in NY and CT, and when I just search by name, only the NY comes up.....Interesting.....
Old 07-26-2005, 02:47 PM

State: Oklahoma
Professional Status: Certified General Appraiser

The database functions of the registry are, in my opinion, very archaic!! Most people who would be doing a search are not going to be terribly computer literate, or wanting to spend all day checking things out. If you have upgraded your license level, you are going to be on the list more than one time. If you are CRA and they happen to check for licensed, your name will show up as licensed, but inactive.

Even though I am pretty computer literate and have done searches on the database before, I came across my name as "inactive" and went ballistic. I called the state board and e-mailed the ASC staff! They tried to reassure me and did show where my name is listed as active Certified Residential, but that really doesn't satisfy me very well.

There is no real reason that I can imagine why they couldn't delete the previous and out of date information. Oklahoma does not have an "inactive" designation for appraisers so that info shouldn't be coming from the state.

I, also, checked and the ASC listing does list people from out of state that also have Oklahoma licenses. It looks like they could even save money, definitely disk space by not having some names listed 3,4,even 5 times.
Old 07-26-2005, 06:48 PM

I guess CO reports you as your latest acitve level. At least they did mine and it changed levels just recently. Could it be everybody is different?
Old 07-26-2005, 07:15 PM

State: Texas

Okay, I don't exist....I guess AT licenses don't qualify.
Sponsored Links

Closed Thread