Real Estate Appraisal Forum

appraisersforum.com logo
The Premiere Online Community for Real Estate Appraisers!
 Fastest Way to Find a Real Estate Appraiser Enter Zip Code:

Go Back   Appraisers Forum > Real Estate Appraisal Forums > Technical - Hardware/Software > a la mode (WinTotal)
Register Help Our Rules Calendar Archives Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2005, 07:30 PM

State: Maryland
Professional Status: Licensed Appraiser

Is it true that with the new wintotal software you don't have to type any of the comps in anymore, it transfers all the info from tax records and listings directly into the report? Has anyone actually had experience with this feature and if so how well does it work?
Sponsored Links

Old 08-02-2005, 10:11 PM

State: Texas
Professional Status: Certified Residential Appraiser

And not only that, it loads all your maps, photos, reconciles, signs your report and delivers it electronically before you get to the property. Your check from the mortgage company will be waiting on your desk when you get back to the office.

Seriously, I have not heard that it will have the auto-fill from MLS. Personally, I think there would be too many holes in the system to do that. Not every MLS is the same and there is no way you could configure it to pull everything you need.
Old 08-03-2005, 01:54 AM

State: California
Professional Status: Appraiser Trainee

never heard of this feature, but if someone could come made software as tim hicks described...that guy would be a gabillionaire...
p.s. like mr. hicks said.. there'd be too many holes in that feature...ninjas would pop out of your computer and smoke you
Old 08-03-2005, 10:18 AM

State: North Carolina

I have been using Aurora for about three months. Yes it can import from MLS or PR. But I have not personally used this feature as of yet so I cannot comment on it. The below link is to the Alamode Aurora Video page, you will see the importing form MLS link that is not yet active, but keep checking back.

http://www.alamode.com/wintotal/videos/?Cl...ustomerNumber=0

BTW I love Aurora and hope I never have to use Athena again :-)
Old 08-03-2005, 10:49 AM

State: Missouri

I can't wait to try it out for the counties that we service that have good tax information available. A few of the counties we cover only put the first floor GLA in the tax records though.

Matt
Old 08-03-2005, 11:17 AM

State: New Mexico

And does it make my bed for me and brew the coffee also? :rofl: :rofl:

Actually, you can transfer some of the stuff from MLS right now. It just depends upon the format that your MLS utilizes to present the data. However, I don't like the terminology that my board uses for descriptions so I'll stick to what I know best - research, verify and type.

Try this. Go to the assessors web site. High light and copy the UPC, maximize the URAR and go to the parcel number and paste. It's the same thing for MLS.
Old 08-03-2005, 11:21 PM

State: California
Professional Status: Appraiser Trainee

i officially bought WinTotal for myself about 4 weeks ago----
so would that still make it the athena version? or is the aurora version? if not, when does the aurora version "supposedly" come out? when (and if) it does come out, the instant customer updates will automatically d/l it as long as i have a membership right?
Old 08-04-2005, 03:32 PM

State: Texas
Professional Status: IT Professional-Appraisal Related

Quote:
Originally posted by Tim Hicks (Texas)@Aug 2 2005, 09:11 PM
And not only that, it loads all your maps, photos, reconciles, signs your report and delivers it electronically before you get to the property. Your check from the mortgage company will be waiting on your desk when you get back to the office.

Seriously, I have not heard that it will have the auto-fill from MLS. Personally, I think there would be too many holes in the system to do that. Not every MLS is the same and there is no way you could configure it to pull everything you need.
Tim, you're not too far off. We really focused on letting WinTOTAL do as much work for you as possible. For example, when you enter an address in a form:

- A small flyout appears letting you know about possible appraisals to clone or merge in -- if you've appraised that property before, if there are any on the same street, or any within X miles of the current subject (where you configure X)

- Behind the scenes while you're typing in the form, FEMA data is downloaded, Census information is downloaded, your subject address is checked against USPS standards, a map with driving directions is downloaded, a location map with the subject balloon already placed is added into a location map addenda, and a flood map is downloaded and placed on a flood map addenda too

If you add comps in the form, their balloons are placed on the location map automatically for you and the proximities are added into your report too -- showing miles or blocks (configurable). Likewise, if you delete a comp from a form, its balloon is deleted from your location map (and the other balloons are adjusted to look nicely arranged on the map)

There are a lot of these really cool time-savings additions within Aurora. Importing MLS data is another example. I like to talk about the side-by-side comps too, where you can scroll horizontally and see and adjust all the comps at once.

Mike Unser
VP, Appraisal Products
a la mode, inc.
Old 08-04-2005, 03:37 PM

State: North Dakota
Professional Status: Real Estate Agent or Broker

In volleyball one calls this a set up followed by a spike. In here it's called a bogus post followed by a free advertisement.
Old 08-04-2005, 03:42 PM

State: Tennessee

I don't know about bogus post followed by an ad: heck, if I sold anything of interest on this, or any forum, I'd lurk almost full time and look for an opening to tout what I'm selling. The information in Mr. Unser's is consistent with the promotional blurbs being sent out in othre media.

(Disclaimer: I don't work for al a mode - I use their appraisal software and am often critical of part of it.)

Closed Thread