Real Estate Appraisal Forum

appraisersforum.com logo
The Premiere Online Community for Real Estate Appraisers!
 Fastest Way to Find a Real Estate Appraiser Enter Zip Code:

Go Back   Appraisers Forum > Real Estate Appraisal Forums > Technical - Hardware/Software > a la mode (WinTotal)
Register Help Our Rules Calendar Archives Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2005, 10:04 AM

State: Indiana
Professional Status: Certified Residential Appraiser

After several years of Wintotal, I am getting tired of no or poor quality service. I have a Platinum membership and it takes me 25-25 minutes to reach tech suport. Then when I do connect, I get a low grade teck person and he cannot solve the problem. Then I have to wait again to get a senior tech person who also cannot solve a problem. I have been waiting for days to get an issue resolved with no tech response and/or incorrect fixes by their support staff. This is a waste of my money. Anyone else with tech issues with wintotal?

Member NAIFA
Sponsored Links

Old 08-18-2005, 10:47 AM

State: Wisconsin
Professional Status: Certified General Appraiser

Actually, I have only had good experiences with their tech support.
Old 08-18-2005, 11:24 AM

State: Colorado

What is the issue? It may not always be the program. I have had to reformatt and tweak some things in order to make my computer to work properly with some of my software. Can you give us some specs on your computer.
Old 08-18-2005, 11:32 AM

State: Colorado

I have not heard of a dissatisfied customer who uses Appraisal Studio from United Systems. I love it. Customer support is excellent. I really don't know why most people use Win Total. I've used about 4 different programs, but of course I have not used the lastest version of any of them, except Appraisal Studio.
Old 08-18-2005, 12:34 PM

State: Ohio
Professional Status: Licensed Appraiser

I called Appraisal Studio for the h*ll of it.

It is more expensive than Alamode to maintain.

The service contract is $398 plus the flood maps. (100 for $99)

I have been using Alamode software for about 3 years and have not found anything better. However, it is cheaper to get started with Appraisal Studio.
Old 08-18-2005, 01:08 PM

State: Illinois
Professional Status: Certified General Appraiser

If you are running Norton, watch out. Try uninstalling it and running Wintotal again.

Regarding tech support, I think it depends on the nature of the problem. 90% of my problems were handled by the first person who I spoke with. Sometimes I have to wait, but generally response times are fine, I have the silver membership.

Only once did I get a trainee, it took a while, but she did get the job done.

Also so many appraisers are on Wintotal in the Chicago area, I can work directly with many of them. In fact, if I get aci as well, I'd probably be able to work with about 90% of the split fee appraisers here.

Software works well and has all the features needed, only thing is they are constantly taking away functionality if you don't upgrade the product or buy additional products. For example, Apex 2.0 is having a problem, sometimes the sketch does not save properly, and Wintotal does not support Apex 2.0 anymore. I sometimes wonder if they purposely created the problem with Apex 2.0. Another example, you can't get credit card processing without going to the most expensive website membership.

Last negative thing I can think of is they are always on the move for my wallet, sales calls, emails, and faxes seem to come in bunches.

On the whole, if I watch my wallet, Wintotal is fine with me, it does the job.
Old 08-18-2005, 03:34 PM

State: North Carolina

I called tech support only a few times and found them quite knowledgeable. My only complaints are the bug I had encountered was rated very low priority. I quit using the order manager rather than wait for them to fix it. The other complaint would be that a call to tech support is needed to remove any al a mode product completely. While the license security method works very well on installation, removal is anything but intuitive.
Old 08-18-2005, 03:46 PM

State: Illinois

I'm actually on hold right now waiting for tech support from WinTotal (12 minutes). I've had very few problems with Alamode and find it superior to ACI which I used for 2 years. (only 6 more minutes till I get help!)
Old 08-18-2005, 06:45 PM

I love wintotal I also have platinum and they usually answer within 4-5 min. It's got to be the superior software.
Old 08-18-2005, 07:01 PM

State: Florida

I usally send them a email then they call me back. I don't keep track of how long but I don't have wait on the phone. Yeah you kind of have to weed out the skippy techie on the hard ones.
Sponsored Links

Closed Thread