Real Estate Appraisal Forum

appraisersforum.com logo
The Premiere Online Community for Real Estate Appraisers!
 Fastest Way to Find a Real Estate Appraiser Enter Zip Code:

Go Back   Appraisers Forum > Real Estate Appraisal Forums > Technical - Hardware/Software > Apex
Register Help Our Rules Calendar Archives Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2005, 04:17 AM

State: New Hampshire
Professional Status: Certified Residential Appraiser

I now run four appraiser softwares. I run WinSketch for Clickforms and Toolbox (yes there are still people out there that use Tool box ) and Apex for WinTotal. Now I have ACI on top of all the others. For some reason it wants me to register Apex and/or WinSketch again. I am NOT going to pay for using something that is already on my computer. I can do a sketch in a different software and copy and paste into a different software but it gets all fussy with the transfer.

Can anyone tell me why I would have to pay twice for a program that is already on my computer???
Sponsored Links

Old 09-10-2005, 05:13 AM

State: Nevada

Kate,

Why don't you use Apex with ClickFORMS and Toolbox? Personally I have never used WinSketch although I have tried it several times when I had simple homes to draw up. To me, nothing beats Apex when it comes to a Windows program. Before I got a computer with XP (which hates dos programs) I used a program called Dream House Professional (a dos program). Apex was the best and closest Windows product to this program and believe me I tried most of them with the exception of the most expensive programs out there. However, I can't answer your ACI problem. Which leads to the other question, why all the different appraisal programs?

Bill Baughn
Old 09-10-2005, 02:20 PM

Different mentors means different softwares. Call me crazy but I like Win Sketch. Now if I could only get it or SOMETHING to work.

I'm getting very frustrated. :cry:
Old 09-10-2005, 10:34 PM

State: Nevada

Quote:
Originally posted by Kate@Sep 10 2005, 12:20 PM
Different mentors means different softwares. Call me crazy but I like Win Sketch. Now if I could only get it or SOMETHING to work.

Kate,

I know it isn't the easist way to do it but why not draw your sketch in WinSketch (you can start it as a stand alone program, can't you?) and then print and scan it into a blank exhibit sheet in whatever program you need? I know the extra steps but sometimes it's the only way to get things done. I know lots of times I have had to use extra steps to get ClickFORMS to work properly for me in the past.

Boy, working for four different mentors must be fun, not only having to learn new programs for each one but to have to do your reports in different ways to keep each of them happy... More power to you!!!

Bill Baughn
Old 09-10-2005, 10:45 PM

State: California
Professional Status: Licensed Appraiser

Think about how much you are learning, Kate! You'll be able to run circles around most people with your familiarity of the different softwares and adjusting to the demands of different mentors. Good for you! You'll be up to any challenge before you know it.
Old 09-11-2005, 06:19 AM

State: North Carolina

Quote:
Originally posted by Kate@Sep 10 2005, 03:20 PM

Kate,

Have you tried uninstalling your ClickFORMS and WinSketch and then reinstalling?

What I believe has happend to you is the ACI copy of WinSketch (which is an unlicensed demo if Apex is licensed) has istalled over the top of your licensed copy from ClickFORMS.

I did the same multiple mentor and software thing and that is how it worked for me. It is good to know all three major programs. Going to ACI after using WinTOTAL and ClickFORMS there is no learning curve because is shares some many features from the two other programs, but if it is the first program you use there is a bit to get to know.
Old 09-11-2005, 07:24 PM

I got WinSketch to work but I don't know how. Seems to be working fine now.

Now my biggest issue is going between all caps and regular writing. :rofl:
Old 09-19-2005, 11:44 PM

State: Texas
Professional Status: IT Professional-Appraisal Related

Kate:

If you wish to use Apex in your ACI program, let me know. I'll try and work something out.

Let me know at your earliest convenience.
Sponsored Links

Closed Thread