Real Estate Appraisal Forum

appraisersforum.com logo
The Premiere Online Community for Real Estate Appraisers!
 Fastest Way to Find a Real Estate Appraiser Enter Zip Code:

Go Back   Appraisers Forum > Real Estate Appraisal Forums > Technical - Hardware/Software > a la mode (WinTotal)
Register Help Our Rules Calendar Archives Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2005, 12:59 PM

State: Colorado
Professional Status: Certified Residential Appraiser

Does anybody else feel that they some how, some what, got some things wrong with the intuative feel for the program or we just got used to the old way. It has alot of bugs in it and I think that they need to put some things back. I will post those later. But the good thing is that I am some what computer and software savvy to where I can figure it out. I do not have time to see the online videos.

Old 09-12-2005, 01:42 PM

State: Missouri
Professional Status: Licensed Appraiser

I have been working on a multi-family files all day (5-6 hours, so far)! My report got lost when my computer locked up, had to call support for them to retrieve it, and even they had trouble. There are a lot of things in Aurora that I think will be helpfull once we get used to them. But one big thing that is causing me a lot of frustration is that there is that there is no Marshall and Swift button. Alamode support imformed me that they do not have a license with M&S to integrate it into the program. I can understand there not being much of a demand for it, once the new forms go into effect, but until then......
I am wondering how long it is going to take me to get back up to speed. And how far behind will I get in the meantime.

Cindy Logan :cry:
Old 09-12-2005, 03:51 PM

State: North Carolina

I would comment on the intuitive feel for the program, but I can't get it to install. I tried downloading the file again, but get the same errors regarding "unable to attach WinTOTAL database". I am going to reinstall Athena and let Aurora sleep a while longer.
Old 09-12-2005, 07:55 PM

State: Nevada

Quote:
Originally posted by Greg Myers@Sep 12 2005, 01:51 PM
I would comment on the intuitive feel for the program, but I can't get it to install. I tried downloading the file again, but get the same errors regarding "unable to attach WinTOTAL database". I am going to reinstall Athena and let Aurora sleep a while longer.
Greg,

Maybe you should take it as a hint that since it won't let you install the program, you aren't suppose to be using it? I suggest that you use something that you know already works, like ClickFORMS?

Bill Baughn :rainfro:
Old 09-12-2005, 08:19 PM

Bill, I work with an office that requires WinTOTAL file format. I use ClickFORMS to do reports and then move the file into WinTOTAL to send it to the office. The process is much easier than trying to do a report in WinTOTAL. Since I know the new version of WinTOTAL is suppose to implement some of the features I enjoy in ClickFORMS I was hoping to give it a try.

The download is ten times the size of ClickFORMS. It took almost nine minutes to complete the transfer and apparently the file I have a link to is corrupted. I should have realized it wasn't going to work when the "Quick Start Guide" would not open properly.
Old 09-12-2005, 08:51 PM

I don't think its funny, I'm starting to have the "Loosing Focus" issue. I'm going to be up all night trying to get some reports out. Also, I sent them an email about the problems thru their on-line support, when I sent it, it started sending them some of my hard drive data. I kinda don't like that.
Old 09-12-2005, 09:08 PM

State: Oklahoma
Professional Status: Certified General Appraiser

Golly folks, I don't mean to be critical, but WHY would you install an untested program over your tested program when you are in the middle of doing reports. I have always installed the new program in a separate folder or, preferably, even a different machine to learn the program and find the bugs in time that I can spare and continue using the old version for my reports. I have tried to work that with the periodical "upgrades", but haven't always been able to. I just wouldn't have the patience to spend time on the line with tech support when I had clients biting my heels for reports. You must have a lot more confidence in alamode than I do!!!
Old 09-12-2005, 09:19 PM

Some of us are just bleeding edge kind of people. I had an email form the boss to go ahead and install the new version. I had time to play with it today so I did my back up and gave it a shot. Unless there is some outside force causing you to install it, I would stay away if I were you.
Old 09-12-2005, 09:33 PM

State: Florida

Thanks for the "heads up" !

Unfortunately, it has been my experience that new and improved usually comes with bugs.... <_<

I'll stand back on the upgrade....again, thanks for the heads up!

TB
Old 09-12-2005, 09:49 PM

I can't get it to install either.... I started the installation, went through a couple steps, it prompted to reboot, which I did and then hung up... When I got it back, I tried again. This time it told me the Windows Installer isn't installed/working properly. Now I can't install any program that uses the Windows Installer.

I called Al a mode... they told me I'll have to pay someone to come out and fix it... they can't.

I'm going to self it until next year and wait for several "updates" to be released.
Sponsored Links

Closed Thread