Real Estate Appraisal Forum

appraisersforum.com logo
The Premiere Online Community for Real Estate Appraisers!
 Fastest Way to Find a Real Estate Appraiser Enter Zip Code:

Go Back   Appraisers Forum > Real Estate Appraisal Forums > Technical - Hardware/Software > a la mode (WinTotal)
Register Help Our Rules Calendar Archives Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2005, 08:41 AM

State: Pennsylvania
Professional Status: Certified Residential Appraiser

[size=7]I attended WinTotal's Aurora seminar in Columbus and spoke to a few peers that have already installed Aurora that have been having problems with system crashes. Tech support said that they are working on many patches. With that in mind, I've been hesitant to install the upgrade.
Anyone out there installed Aurora recently, and, have you had many problems? In short, have they gotten most of the bugs out yet?? Thanx!
Sponsored Links

Old 09-30-2005, 10:04 AM

State: Colorado

Welcome, to the forum. If you look through this section you may find some good info on what is going on with Aurora. At this point I am working around the bugs and am able to get work out. It still crashes at least 1-3 times a day and I have to reboot my computer. There are some real stupid bugs like when you do spell check, it may crash. Your = 0,1,2,3 may loose focus and then use your mouse to get it going. Funtion Buttons that we have gotten used too, have been removed or moved somewhere else.

But my work station is a stand alone system that I have. Others that totaly depend on the complete AlaMode system with servers are having a complete different issues. So do what others have done. If you have a laptop or different system, install it there first and play with it.

They tell me that there is suppose to be another major update. I hope so soon.

You may also want to go to your xSite forum for more info. There are some other issues there too and some BETAS guys may help you or send you to Yahoos Wintol2000 Users Groups for additional info. What ever forum may help you.

At this point there is so much that we can do, and I am sure they have lock all doors and not letting no body out until this get resolved. (not really). But I'm sure they are bust chops and trying to GET-R-DUN.
Old 10-01-2005, 01:04 AM

State: Texas
Professional Status: Certified General Appraiser

I don't understand. Is Aurora out or not? I don't have it. When are they sending it?
Old 10-03-2005, 01:03 PM

Did you know that Aurora does not currently have automatic customer updates? You have to manually check for updates every day? This is a superior product over Athena?
Old 10-03-2005, 02:22 PM

State: Pennsylvania

I did not know that. And, that's an impotant piece of information I think they should tell us. Some "upgrade" huh? Thanks for that!
Old 10-03-2005, 02:40 PM

State: Illinois

Quote:
Originally posted by Tim Hicks (Texas)@Oct 3 2005, 01:03 PM
Did you know that Aurora does not currently have automatic customer updates? You have to manually check for updates every day? This is a superior product over Athena?
Actually I'd prefer that. I never install the updates for days after they've downloaded anyway and clicking the "no" box every time I open wintotal is annoying although I'm too lazy to change the automatic update settings.

Once again I say Alamode, take your sweet time getting Aurora out to me. I hate unplanned down time trying to figure out bug fixes. Let the early adopters blaze a trail for me first.
Old 10-05-2005, 11:45 AM

State: Arkansas

Quote:
Originally posted by Tim Hicks (Texas)@Oct 3 2005, 01:03 PM
This was added back in with the last update.
Old 10-05-2005, 01:00 PM

It is not in the "Alamode Assistant" like it was in the "Guru" before. Where do you configure the automatic updates (time, days, etc)? There is an instant customer update button, but nothing for automatic updates.

Correction: I did find it in the configuration utility, not the "Assistant" It was turned off. I do have the most recent version though.

Closed Thread