Real Estate Appraisal Forum

appraisersforum.com logo
The Premiere Online Community for Real Estate Appraisers!
 Fastest Way to Find a Real Estate Appraiser Enter Zip Code:

Go Back   Appraisers Forum > Real Estate Appraisal Forums > Technical - Hardware/Software > a la mode (WinTotal)
Register Help Our Rules Calendar Archives Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2005, 05:23 AM

State: California
Professional Status: Appraiser Trainee

What is the deal!!!!!!! I am sitting here at 3:00 AM trying to finish a report and Aurora just ERASED most of it. I am absolutely livid. Everything is gone but the addendum, comments, pictures and what automatically downloads from Orders. I have been using Aurora for one day and this is what happens with it? What kind of bug erases the report? Why would you release this thing when it does this kind of stuff? What good is it if it dumps reports at will? Thanks a lot alamode!! So, does anybody know where my report went?
Sponsored Links

Old 10-07-2005, 06:46 AM

State: Colorado
Professional Status: Certified Residential Appraiser

First make sure you have the latest updates, go back to your deskstop and do a search for it, do not open it, right-click and do a recovery on that file, If it shows up with an (open) next to the file, open it up and you may have some of your stuff still saved. But since you have already opened it. You may have to start all over again. It happen to me too a couple of weeks ago. You may have to learn to work around it,until they fix all the bugs.
Old 10-07-2005, 07:23 AM

State: California
Professional Status: Appraiser Trainee

Thank you so much for that suggestion, Mr. Torres. I had already started slogging back through putting everything back in. This is the first report in Aurora and the first report on the new form for me, so it was a double whammy because I was doing everything from scratch. I didn't know about the recovery. I will keep that in mind since this probably won't be the last time it does that. I had been working on this report for 2 days and was diligent about saving even though it does its own save. A lot of good that did. Anyway, thanks again.
Old 10-07-2005, 02:49 PM

State: Colorado

Also, Call Tech.
Old 10-07-2005, 04:22 PM

You don't know what errased means until you get the toc file error.

You are really dead then.
Old 10-10-2005, 05:34 PM

State: Florida
Professional Status: Real Estate Agent or Broker

WTH is going on with this ?
I'm afraid to touch this AURORA thing.

How long will we be able to not use AURORA ?
Old 10-10-2005, 09:56 PM

Raimo....

We aren't touching this thing....even with somebody elses fingers....way too much of a "hot potato". We're skeered too!

TB
Old 10-11-2005, 01:38 PM

I am deep into it for about two weeks. My learning curve has lost a good bit of production. But since we are starting the new forms it seemed like a good time to start all over.

===== of the day
The net.x keeps overwriting my map reference number with the flood MSA # and no way to stop it.
Old 10-12-2005, 11:18 AM

State: Oklahoma
Professional Status: Licensed Appraiser

Dale, I just tried out the net.X issue you mentioned. My results were different. I unchecked the box, and as expected, it didn't transfer to my form. (I've looked through call records, and this isn't something a lot of other people are reporting.) I forwarded your call back to the tech and his supervisor to take a second look and call you.

Be sure to get your latest updates. Yesterday, we posted an upgrade that addresses some things quite a few people have noticed (like a problem with the cloning function) and bunch of other things that *most* people would've probably never encountered.

We've also tracked down the "TOC" error Jerry mentioned and should be posting something on it soon. (We just need to run it through some rigorous testing.) There are other things lined up for future updates - lots of automation and fine tuning for billing and XSite intgration - that should continue to ease everyone's transition as well.

If you have questions, feel free to contact me personally.

Matt Krodel
Executive Vice President, Customer Service
a la mode, inc.
Old 10-12-2005, 11:33 AM

Matt
the box does not stay unchecked for the next use . So when the program activates netx again it will replace the un-checked with checked and then override my map ref # to msa # and address without the unit #

I have to field format the map ref # to no transfer to stop auto transfers.
Sponsored Links

Closed Thread