• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Forum Sponsor - a la mode

QuickSource provides a single-source solution to easily import, compare, and manage data from multiple, credible sources in every report. See what the next game-changer is really all about.

$1,000 To Renew Is Freakin' Ridiculous!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digger88

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Virginia
HAVE to renew software, HAVE to renew xml delivery, HAVE to renew website cause my email is attached to my domain. so frustrated at that. think last year was $600 but what are you going to do? held hostage at this point.

bnmappraisal

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
for all that ... just upgrade to Elite

I think I pay around $1,500 and get all that PLUS a bunch more - plus it's all a write off (sorry, just had to say it b/c my buddy always busts my chops about that and I tell him "YEA, but I still have to pay that OUT OF POCKET!!!!")

FWIW - the 24/7/365 tech is worth the price of Elite admission

Digger88

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Virginia
for all that ... just upgrade to Elite

I think I pay around $1,500 and get all that PLUS a bunch more - plus it's all a write off (sorry, just had to say it b/c my buddy always busts my chops about that and I tell him "YEA, but I still have to pay that OUT OF POCKET!!!!")

FWIW - the 24/7/365 tech is worth the price of Elite admission

i may use tech support once a year though and thats a 50% bump! YIKES!!!

Mr Rex

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
North Carolina
5-6 a day and you pay for it in a day? WTF? Greedy bastid claiming his software supplier is a greedy bastid? WTF?

JTip

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Pennsylvania
I get 24/7 awesome support from CF for half price boyz.

.env, hundreds of flood, .xml, database galore....

I'd rather spend that extra 1k on a screen or tower.....maybe a D8....and a new Garmin....new slacks and dress shirts for a week's worth...

EddieB

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
North Carolina
What service went up Diggs?
I just paid $649 for the year in Aug

Sid Holderly

Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Indiana
For the package, I use just over $600, included env and other special delivery methods. After putting the software on W7 running in a virtual box on a linux machine, few problems. Basic support works for me. All the bells and whistles would not add much appraisal speed to the market I serve.

bnmappraisal

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
i may use tech support once a year
I will note that the "once a year" I've used it in the past ... has come on a weekend or holiday that would have normally had to "wait until" ...
(Thankfully, I hardly have a need for tech support, but ... on those off chances throughout the years ... I've always been happy that I had the Elite subscription as noted above)

And as far as my website (which I don't promote b/c it definitely needs work!) has MORE than paid for itself each year through private business (Yes, I do wonder how much MORE business I'd get if I would put more effort into it!)

AMF13

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
California
Take your pick, one or all:

Tis but a pittance.
You gotta pay to play.
It's a business expense.
You're killing me, Larry!
Dave's not here, man!

There comes a time when one must consider the alternatives.

Getting older still beats the alternative. :peace:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks