• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

1 letter typo

Fernando

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
California
Anytime you give a client a new report you change the signature date, explain the reason and keep a copy of the revised report in your work file. USPAP requirement.
Anytime I do a change in my report, I reread my report and sometimes I catch some other "minor" mistakes and I correct them without telling the reviewer..
I want a perfect report.

TMG

Professional Status
State
California
So Fernando is turning in R rated reports, with references to human anatomy??? Just when I thought you had some cred too :giggle:

glenn walker

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
California
Years ago I was reviewing a report, actually had probably looked at this particular reports many times over a 5 year period. Good work, rarely any issues to deal with. Then one morning I am review his report and deep in the agenda I see the word F*** I don't ask appraisers to fix minor spelling errors but on this I had to get it corrected. I called him on the phone and said on page X he had the F-word. The appraiser laughs and says Glenn-all of my reports have that word buried in them I am surprised it took you this long. I then ask him to remove it and explain why he put it in his reports. the appraiser proceeds to explain that years ago another appraiser had hijacked his license number and signature and was creating reports using his name and license.

That appraiser got into a lawsuit and a State Board action and the real appraiser was able to quickly prove the reports where not done by him and that was because all of his reports had that secrete F-word hidden in them and the ones prepared by the imposter did not. Interesting and the F-Word had been inserted into the middle of a general disclaimer that nobody ever reads anyway.

A Brit in California

Professional Status
State
California
Years ago I was reviewing a report, actually had probably looked at this particular reports many times over a 5 year period. Good work, rarely any issues to deal with. Then one morning I am review his report and deep in the agenda I see the word F*** I don't ask appraisers to fix minor spelling errors but on this I had to get it corrected. I called him on the phone and said on page X he had the F-word. The appraiser laughs and says Glenn-all of my reports have that word buried in them I am surprised it took you this long. I then ask him to remove it and explain why he put it in his reports. the appraiser proceeds to explain that years ago another appraiser had hijacked his license number and signature and was creating reports using his name and license.

That appraiser got into a lawsuit and a State Board action and the real appraiser was able to quickly prove the reports where not done by him and that was because all of his reports had that secrete F-word hidden in them and the ones prepared by the imposter did not. Interesting and the F-Word had been inserted into the middle of a general disclaimer that nobody ever reads anyway.
[email protected]#$. That is too [email protected]#ing funny. I'm gonna [email protected]#ing do that too. It's [email protected]#ing brilliant.

Stantheman

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
State
Washington
Anytime you give a client a new report you change the signature date, explain the reason and keep a copy of the revised report in your work file. USPAP requirement.
Exactly, plus I always at the top of the comment section in bold say what was changed from the previous file. Appraisal Software misses a lot of misspellings and grammar, so I copy the comments into Word and reformat and spellcheck the Comment Section before I paste it back into the file.

Fernando

Professional Status
State
California

When I first started working at the bank, I was surprise my supervisors spoke in bad mouth dirty language. May be all appraisers speak so vulgar?
I was shock that my managers in formal wear with ties speak like that. After that, I got use to it and I still I don't speak like that in conversations except in the bedroom.

AMF13

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
California
I am reminded of,
"Potty Mouth Pam". Blue streak talker. :leeann2:

Woman of regular proportions, but big and tall, maybe 6'.
"I got shot in Iraq" she said.
Watched her jump the start at an amateur MC race at Willow Spring one time.
Did not know any of the other racers, so focused on her.

Did I mention she cussed a lot? :leeann2:

Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks