• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

1004+rental+op.income

Status
Not open for further replies.

charlie hill

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
North Carolina
I have an assignment from an AMC to do a 1004+Rental+Operating Income.

I'm not sure I know what form the want me to use for "Rental".

What do you guys think?

Tim Hicks (Texas)

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Texas
Single Family Comparable Rent Schedule and they probably want an Operating Income Statetment, too.

Jo Ann Meyer Stratton

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Arizona
Sounds like the borrower's are using the rent from the property to make the mortgage payments. So the lender then needs a Fannie Mae Form 1007 / Freddie Mac Form 1000 titled Single Family Comparable Rent Schedule. You find and grid three comparable rentals, some clients want them noted on a location map, and possibly photos also (all depends on clients supplemental standards). The lender also appears to need a Freddie Mac Form 998 / Fannie Mae Form 216 titled Operating Income Statement (which could be filled out by the property owner, but lenders insist on appraisers filling it out). And there is a separate fee for each form in addition to the fee for the URAR.

Ghost Rider

Professional Status
Banking/Mortgage Industry
State
Connecticut
Also, and a dumb work of advice....don't take the AMCs fee when it comes to the Single Family Rent Schedule - they probably wanna pay you something obscene like $50 for it. Make sure they know that is far under market. Why do this?? Simple......

As previously discussed in another thread, the lender is going to charge the borrower through the nose for a non-owner occupied loan on the property. I'd guess a higher interest rate at the least, and a couple of points in addition to that are likely. Take your cut of the pie for the extra research you need to do to properly complete an appraisal of this type.

Rich Hahn

Professional Status
General Public
State
Colorado
Ya we turned one down last week
$1.4mill
non owner
they wanted rental garbage, requesting fee and turn time...

There arent, ARENT, are not! any! rentals of that type in these parts. Any ANY ANY ANY ANY fee wasnt worth it.

Next day comes the condo rental in a complex of 500 units, 40% non owner..now that fee was worth it.

Larry Lyke

Charlie ~

You didn't specifically stipulate that the AMC is asking you to do this appraisal for a single-family property.

If not, it's a little different ballgame, as in a 1025.

But, for a single-family, I charge 150% of my base appraisal fee for a gridded Rental Addendum and the Operating Statement, if ordered coincidentally.

Otherwise, I charge the former plus a $100 surcharge.

charlie hill

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
State
North Carolina
Thanks guys, I think the Fannie Mae 1007 is what they want. It is a single family and they told me to do a 1004 and the operating income schedule but in addition they just said the word "RentaL" and I wasn't completely sure what form they meant.

Charlotte Dixon

Professional Status
State
Delaware
Larry???

Fannie Mae 1007 is a Single Family Comparable Rent Schedule

which goes with

Fannie Mae 216, Operating income Statement

Mike Garrett RAA

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Colorado
If you don't know what the forms are, are you sure you know what to do? There are three parts to a single family income property.

1. URAR - do the appraisal as if it was owner occupied except for the income approach which is merely a matter of gross rent multipliers x estimated or actual rent.

2. Comparable rent schedule - Find three sales that were tenant occupied. Contact the agents involved and get the lease information. Many appraisers use the same comps on the URAR on the Comparable Rent Schedule.

3. Income and expense analysis - This is the tricky part. More than likely there are no reserve accounts, you will need to estimate the expenses and reserves. Remember that there are different life expectancies for the items such as carpeting, appliances, and roofs.

May I suggest Henry Harrison's Guide to small income properties.

As far as fees, I charge $50 per additional form or $100 more for a single family rental property. I know lots of appraisers who charge more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks