• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

1004d Certification Of Completion Photos

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJ Valuator

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
New Jersey
I completed a 1004D for the repairing of a deck. I photographed the repaired deck and submitted the photos with the report.

Is there any HUD requirement that we also must retake new front and street scene photos of the subject?

gregb

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
California
For the 1004D "appraisal update" it appears front and street scene photos are required by HUD.

https://portal.HUD.gov/hudportal/documents/huddoc?id=09-51ml.pdf

NJ Valuator

Professional Status
State
New Jersey
Number 7 under Part A Summary Appraisal Update Report front and street photos are required, but under Part B Completion Report there is nothing about retaking photos of front and street. In fact, I do not read any requirement even taking the repaired item photos.

Mike Garrett RAA

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Colorado
No new front and back photos required

CANative

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
California
No instructions for the lower portion (completion) of the 1004D. So this is a matter between the appraiser and the mortgagee. 1004d completion instructions.JPG

bnmappraisal

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
this is (part of what's) on the LOE from AXIS:
"Per NEW Fannie Mae Requirement dated April 15, 2014, a Front photograph of the subject must be taken and submitted when completing the Appraisal Update portion of the Appraisal Update and/or Completion Report (Form 1004D) to validate that the appraiser has inspected at least the exterior of the property when he or she performed the appraisal update."

Personally, even for other clients (not just AXIS) I include both street views again along with front (even both front/sides in some cases)

NJ Valuator

Professional Status
State
New Jersey
this is (part of what's) on the LOE from AXIS:
"Per NEW Fannie Mae Requirement dated April 15, 2014, a Front photograph of the subject must be taken and submitted when completing the Appraisal Update portion of the Appraisal Update and/or Completion Report (Form 1004D) to validate that the appraiser has inspected at least the exterior of the property when he or she performed the appraisal update."

Personally, even for other clients (not just AXIS) I include both street views again along with front (even both front/sides in some cases)

When completing the Appraisal Update portion of the form. Nothing about the Completion portion.

JTip

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Pennsylvania
'Value Added Services'

It takes 10 seconds (you are already out back for the deck and your car is parked out front and on the street).

For a buck thirty five, I can take the time to give them that.....

NJ Valuator

Professional Status
State
New Jersey
'Value Added Services'

It takes 10 seconds (you are already out back for the deck and your car is parked out front and on the street).

For a buck thirty five, I can take the time to give them that.....

This issue is that I was already there so now I have to make a second trip. Get it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks