• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

1004d Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sierra Dale

Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Nevada
I completed an appraisal almost a year ago for a bank. Today I received a request for the 1004D that from the same bank but from a different department with a different address and new loan number. The original loan was for refinance and this new loan is for a home equity loan. I told them that they need a new appraisal. I do not believe I am wrong.

timd354

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Maryland
I completed an appraisal almost a year ago for a bank. Today I received a request for the 1004D that from the same bank but from a different department with a different address and new loan number. The original loan was for refinance and this new loan is for a home equity loan. I told them that they need a new appraisal. I do not believe I am wrong.
That is a pretty presumptuous statement that you made to them. Unless you know the requirements of their home equity loan program, how would you know what they need? A so-called appraisal update reported on form 1004D is perfectly acceptable for many loan programs if the original appraisal has an effective date less than 1 year ago.

Whether you want to accept the assignment and what you charge for such a service is a business decision, but it is really not your place to tell the lender that they need something different.

Meandering

Elite Member
Professional Status
Real Estate Agent or Broker
State
Pennsylvania
You are correct.

New effective date of value, new appraisal

BRCJR

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Virginia
That is a pretty presumptuous statement that you made to them. Unless you know the requirements of their home equity loan program, how would you know what they need? A so-called appraisal update reported on form 1004D is perfectly acceptable for many loan programs if the original appraisal has an effective date less than 1 year ago.

Whether you want to accept the assignment and what you charge for such a service is a business decision, but it is really not your place to tell the lender that they need something different.
Isn't what they need indicated by the 1004D request? Aren't they requesting a more current opinion of value? if not, why not use the less than one year old appraisal?

timd354

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Maryland
Isn't what they need indicated by the 1004D request? Aren't they requesting a more current opinion of value? if not, why not use the less than one year old appraisal?
I agree and think that is pretty clear....apparently the OP thinks she knows more about what the lender needs than the lender itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks