• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

1004D -- Why 1 Form for 2 Puposes

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZZGAMAZZ

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
California
Is there a reason of which I am unaware that the 1004D form has two distinct uses, neither of which any of my MB clients are aware?

Mike Kennedy

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
New York
Kill 2 birds with 1 fee whenever possible. Its' always 'bout the money$$$$$$$$

CANative

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
California
One section is the certifiy the conditions made in the appraisal have been satisfactorily complete. The other is to update the aprpaisal with a new effective date.

Often, repairs take time and by the time they are complete the original effective date is too old for delivery to Fannie/Freddie. The two parts would work together under these circumstances.

TJSum

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Maryland
Agree with Greg and Mike, many times when we are requested to do a final, they want an update as well. If they put them both on one form they are probably hoping for a lower fee :)

One constant theme in this forum is guarding against our appraisal reports being altered. This form could be the easiest for anyone to alter, whenever we do a final, all someone would have to do is add two checkmarks and then it would be a full blown update as well. One probably should put a statement on the form somewhere that it represents a final only, and not an update when that is the assignment.

Last edited:

Mike Kennedy

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
New York
custom designed for new construction as well.

ZZGAMAZZ

Professional Status
State
California
Oh, in retrospect I was looking at the page 1/2 blank rather than 1/2, or entirely, full. Thanks.

Mike Garrett RAA

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Colorado
Why not ask Fannie Mae....it's their form!

ZZGAMAZZ

Professional Status
State
California
I'm still waiting on a response to my inquiry about placing the cert pages between comps 1-3 and 4-9 that requires me to spend several weeks a year scrolling back-and-forth, lazy guy that I am this just kills me.

Mike Kennedy

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
New York
Depending on the software you use - it should be simply to open both grids on screen simulaneously.

Jo Ann Meyer Stratton

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Arizona
I'm still waiting on a response to my inquiry about placing the cert pages between comps 1-3 and 4-9 that requires me to spend several weeks a year scrolling back-and-forth, lazy guy that I am this just kills me.

After you have created your pdf file and prior to reducing and securing, click on page tab on the left in Adobe. Put your cursor on the page you want to move then drag it to the location in the package they way you want it. If you have numbered your pages, that page will be out of sequence in page numbers but more logical in reading the document. Then reduce the file, and apply the password security. That is what I do so that Comps 4-5-6 are the next page after Comps 1-2-3 in the final product.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks