• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

1004P, Hybrids, Use of various lender-made Forms & Going Forward: Appraiser Liability

George Hatch

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
California
If the AMCs are found to be acting like the MBs then the same thing is going to happen to them. That kind of misconduct will literally put them out of business.

But it won't stop the lenders from looking for ways to get appraisals faster and cheaper.

ramrcdk

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
North Carolina
Chad Quote: Why would an AMC comply with a request? Because that's what their client wanted.

I see that alot in a "correction" where the AMC really has NO idea what it is the Lender ask for. Most often something "uneducated" & "incorrect".

Last edited:

George Hatch

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
California
I just had an inspection yesterday where what I found was very different than what the borrower was telling the lender.

Occupational hazard.

EddieB

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
North Carolina
Concerning the thread title: Appraiser Liability with the hybrids
I have posted this article by Peter Christensen before, my apologies if it's been posted in this thread. Peter is spot on and I look forward to his follow-up articles

Attachments

Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks