• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

2 Contracts - Which Date?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CindyR

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Arizona
This is a VA purchase appraisal for a new placement of a manufactured home. The buyer has signed a contract to buy a vacant lot in a rural area - not in a manufactured home park or even in a place with a lot of manufactured homes. And the buyer has signed a contract to get a new CAVCO built and delivered and installed. The cavco seller is in no way associated with the individual land seller.

I put 'multiple' in the contract date field and explained that i analyzed 2 different contracts with 2 different dates. Now the lender wants me to correct the report and pick a contract date.

Words of wisdom from my esteemed colleagues please...

Dublin ohio

Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Ohio
The old which comes first. The chicken or the egg. I think I would just use the contract date for the vacant lot purchase and explain the additional contract in an addendum. I have done it that way for stick built properties under the same conditions.

gregb

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
California
Might as well pick one or the other contract and get it out of the way. Which ever one you pick, expect a stip asking for the alternative contract. :)

Tom D

Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Pennsylvania
i agree with the site. that is what we do with new construction on vacant ground. how the house is delivered or built is not important. however, that is usually all done with 1 contract. with your situation i would go with the ground date, and mention that the house is a different contract date, being a factor built dwelling, right after your first comment. not sure, then extra explain till you fell comfortable after stating it their way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks