• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

2 family Condo in Howard Beach

Status
Not open for further replies.

mabuin

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
New York
I need your help.
As per the owner of this condo unit, it is a 2 family condo. I have never heard of something like this and I was wondering if you all have heard or done an appraisal like this. If you have what comps???? Any help will be greatly appreciate it.

Claude From NY

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
New York
you may be in luck

Is your subject in Lindenwood? Say 80th Street and 156th Avenue. Cloverdale Condo I, there are comps but they are dated. I may have a pending sale for you. Send me pm with your email and I'll get the address off to you. You can check to see if it closed. Actually, I'll give you the number of the broker / managing agent. The pending sale is confidential.

Last edited:

Eli Weiss

Professional Status
State
New York
So you got it!!! m2:

My former mentor from the island, called me two weeks ago about a two family condo in Howard Beach, I explained him politely, that he won't find comps, and if he will, he will never get compensated for his time, I might give you the same advise....
I know I wouldn't want to be owner of that unit.....

In regards to its legality, it's just a type of ownership, lots of co-op buildings have the residential part split from the commercial part, in a condo type of ownership, and that single condo unit, can hold hundreds of residential units.......

JoTetherow

Professional Status
State
Nebraska
So you got it!!! m2:

My former mentor from the island, called me two weeks ago about a two family condo in Howard Beach, I explained him politely, that he won't find comps, and if he will, he will never get compensated for his time, I might give you the same advise....
I know I wouldn't want to be owner of that unit.....

In regards to its legality, it's just a type of ownership, lots of co-op buildings have the residential part split from the commercial part, in a condo type of ownership, and that single condo unit, can hold hundreds of residential units.......

Eli, would you consider this to be a complex appraisal assignment? the original poster may need you (or someone) to sign off for him....

Eli Weiss

Professional Status
State
New York
If you do get comps do it on a 1025 and add the 1004C condominium addendum, that comes with your software.

From the 1025 report:

Jo, I would definitely classify this as complex........

Last edited:

mabuin

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
New York
Thank you all Claude I will sent you an email thanks

On the Boardwalk

Freshman Member
Professional Status
State
New York
Two family condo

I need your help.
As per the owner of this condo unit, it is a 2 family condo. I have never heard of something like this and I was wondering if you all have heard or done an appraisal like this. If you have what comps???? Any help will be greatly appreciate it.

There are some 2 family condos in College Point, Glendale and a few in Jackson Heights. Don't know of any others, unless they are new construction. Hope this helps.

On the Boardwalk

Freshman Member
Professional Status
State
New York
There are 2 family condos in College Point, Glendale and a few in Jackson Heights.

Edward OConor

Professional Status
State
New York
I believe that there are also some in Douglaston off Douglaston Pky around 65 ave to 70 avenue. These were built in the late 1970's early 1980's. If I remember these are mostly Semi Attached and self managed.

Kevin Mc

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
New York
Woodhaven also has two family condos just north of Jamaica Ave. east of Woodhaven Blvd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks