• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Forum Sponsor - a la mode

QuickSource provides a single-source solution to easily import, compare, and manage data from multiple, credible sources in every report. See what the next game-changer is really all about.

2003 USPAP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Payne (SD)

Sophomore Member
Hi All! :unsure:

I was on the Appraisal Foundation's Site and tried to download an updated Certification and found out that I couldn't.

Does anyone know a BETTER WAY to get this information into the report WITHOUT having to re-type all of it...

Also, I use the AO's for support when a Reviewer has a question...

Somehow-or for some reason- the Appraisal Foundation doesn't want it's Licensees to have the ability to Download the Current USPAP. In 2002 you could... I have 2 Copies of the 2003 USPAP but don't want to have to scan and paste the data... Electronic USPAP rules (if we could only get into it).

Jim Payne (SD)

Carnivore

Elite Member
Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
North Carolina
Jim,

I have the 2003 USPAP in PDF format file. If you PM your e-mail address to me I will send it ASAP.

Its only 8/10 of a megabyte

later

p.s. Anybody else want it just e-mail or PM me, will be glad to do it. If your a trainee wannabee and you want to impress a potential mentor than you better get this also. hint hint

Fred

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Virgin Islands
Jim,
A couple of weeks back I noticed a change on the AF site. I tried to search the USPAP text for a certain word. As soon as I hit any "command" key, like CTRL or ALT, an error message would appear on the screen saying "please do not print this page."

Looks like the end of searchable on line USPAP.

Jeff Horton

Professional Status
State
Alabama
Just use Adobe to open the web page. You can save the whole site as a PDF file and then you can search till hearts content.

Carnivore

Elite Member
Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
North Carolina
Originally posted by Jeff Horton@Jul 22 2003, 05:12 PM
Just use Adobe to open the web page. You can save the whole site as a PDF file and then you can search till hearts content.
Heh heh, I wondered when some one would figure that out.

I did not want to say in case the asb crowd read it and then tried to fix it so no one could do that either.

I got a $5.00 bill to any one who enters my lottery. Give me your best guess of how many trainee wannabees ask me for this pdf file. Any number you pick is fine except ZERO. I picked that for myself. Contest ends friday morning. I will announce winner then!

tee hee, how can I/we loose. If no 'wannabee' ask me then I save $5.00 bucks, if at least one does we all win.

Joshua Fookes

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
California
you can also view the source of the page and cut from there into what ever you want, that's the longer way around though.

Jeff Horton

Professional Status
State
Alabama
Originally posted by Bruce Peshek@Jul 22 2003, 04:58 PM
It looks like they are now using a JAVA applette to present the 2003 USPAP on-line. It is not in PDF formmat.
I may have miss read your intent with that post. But it's not in PDF but you can save it as a PDF file. Matter of fact you can save any web page as a PDF file.

Larboard

Professional Status
State
Michigan
Jeff

I guess I am still missing something here.

If I go to the Appraisal Foundation web site and navigate to the "Current Edition of USPAP" page then click on "Table of Contants" and select any subject from the table of contents, the subject is displayed by a java applette that has removed all menus, deactivated the right-click, and gives an error message if you press the control key. How do I get to a Sava As dialog?

Sorry to keep asking, but I am just not getting it.

Bruce

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks