• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

2006 USPAP Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZZGAMAZZ

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
California
I'm taking my renewal course on-line. At least 50% of the tutorial pertains to changes to the current version of USPAP.

Now I know more about the former standards than I did when they were in effect!

Good thing that I'm finally aware of the implications of "departure." [sic]

ZZGAMAZZ

Professional Status
State
California
In retrospect it appears that the primary purpose of the renewal tutorial is to explain changes to the living document. And of course there are disadvantages to the on-line learning format.

USPAP Compliant

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
North Carolina
Why are you taking the 2006 update?

PropertyEconomics

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
New Mexico
So much for California being progressive .. heck I would have thought he'd be taking the 2010 Update by now as far ahead as those "cali's" like to brag they are ... shows how little I know.

Then again .. Gama .. did you get a great discount on the class? :shrug:

Last edited:

Hamlet

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Ohio
Maybe this is just extra CE and he misses the departure rule so much and wants one last goodbye?:rof:

ZZGAMAZZ

Professional Status
State
California
It's a 7-hour course required to renew my CA AL license, at least as far as I'm aware, according to OREA and confirmed by the course provider...

PropertyEconomics

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
New Mexico
It's a 7-hour course required to renew my CA AL license, at least as far as I'm aware, according to OREA and confirmed by the course provider...

Ok Gama .. Im gonna be the one to break it to you ... either 1) You are taking the class from the California Mortgage Brokers Association or 2) You are really taking the 2008 USPAP Update class. Just to give you a heads up. If it's really 2006 as noted in your thread heading .. maybe you can file for a refund ...... :rof:

ZZGAMAZZ

Professional Status
State
California
Ralph Kinney et al: Come in please I need some advice from the real world of Southern California...

Hamlet

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Ohio
In my state you are required to take the current USPAP update every other year. The other CE hours are considered elective. I hope, Gama that you are using this as an elective and not the USPAP requirement; otherwise I’m pretty sure your state will want the current USPAP update.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks