• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

203 (k) protocol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charley Horse

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Michigan
Is not the correct 203 (k) protocol that the appraiser be provided a "work-order"/cost estimate of repairs to be made to subject (in order to meet FHA MPS) by an approved 203 (k) consultant prior to completing the appraisal... OR, can the appraisal be done prior to the appraiser being provided such a document? Note: this is not a streamline 203 (k), rather a full 203 (k) assignment.

Any insights/comments are appreciated.

Thomas Fiehler

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Ohio
I've done numerous 203K appraisals over the years and I always was provided with the consultant's report. If you don't have one, how can you be sure what work is going to be completed and by whom?

Charley Horse

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Michigan
I was provided a work order/cost estimate, but it was not completed by a FHA approved 203 (k) consultant and upon viewing the subject, it was apparent it didn't address all the repair issues & lacked integrity (IMO). Given this is not a streamline 203 (k) and my discussion w/Philadelphia HOC, it's my "impression" that I should be provided a report from an approved 203K consultant before proceeding w/assignment.

I just wanted to confirm my understanding of correct protocol... OR, can I proceed w/assignment and note issues not addressed in original work order/cost estimate completed by a contractor (who happens to be the borrower as well)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks