• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

2070 With A Value Range?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liz South

Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Virginia
Just got a really dippy request from a good client. Did a 2070 for them. Come to find out that there was an equity line mortgage on the property so now they want a value on the 2070. I told them that the 2070 is not an appraisal, it is just an inspection report. To do a value or range of values would require an appraisal. Of course their response was (now haven't we all heard this line)
"But all the other appraisers do this . . . ".

My response was that this would require an appraisal and that 2070's are NOT appraisals.

Glad that its Friday.

Liz S.

Restrain

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Florida
Tell em you can do a 2055 exterior for only XXXX more. :D

Jo Ann Meyer Stratton

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Arizona
I have the following statement on the 2070 and 2075 forms and also in several other locations in the report. "An opinion of value or range of value has not been developed by the appraiser."

Mountain Man

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Georgia
Beats my call today. I had my best lender wanting to know if I do a LOT appraisal..... can I give them a break on a construction loan appraisal ........ since I'll be using the same data. :huh: :wacko:
Told them not really, two different creatures. Lot appraisals have lot comps. House appraisals have house comps. Having the lot comps MIGHT save 30 seconds in the cost approach. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks