• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

3 & 4 Plex Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricKirby

Freshman Member
I would like to learn more about appraising a tri-plex or four-plex, does anybody have any books they would recommend? I've never done one before and would like to learn. Also what type of form does this type of appraial require? I'm still gaining my experinece but like to learn more about more complex appraisals for I'm better prepared once I'm ready to tackle tougher projects. I'm like a sponge! I just want to learn. I've helped out with income producing properties as an intern and have a good feel for devleoping a NOI, etc.

Any suggestions would bwe greatly appreciated!

Thanks

P.S. USA.....USA

Restrain

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Florida
The difference between a duplex and a four-plex is more a matter of size than style. You still utilize similar comps, analyze rentals, etc. The Income Approach is the primary indicator because these are definitely purchased for the income stream (except in certain unique areas where the buyer is looking for increasing property values to offset income stream problems). For Income Properties, I recommend Kinnard's Income Property Valuation. It's the best I've found.

As to how to complete the report, print out the 2-4 family form and go over it section by section. That'll teach you a lot.

Roger

Frederick R. Ruffell

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
California
The Small Residential Income Property Appraisal Report. 2nd Edition, Published by the Appraisal Institute.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks