• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

$300--Good enough to buy another muffler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juan Benavidez

Professional Status
General Public
State
Texas
As part of the economic stimulus program, the $300 that we should be getting, if we qualify, should be good enough to buy another muffler. We should buy stock from Midas 'cause they will be doing a lot of business. And this is supposed to help people from foreclosure. Washington needs to start telling it like it really is. Or maybe we should be telling Washington the way things really are. Something is very wrong. I just don't know.

OSU Beavers

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Oregon
$600 per individual or $1200 per married couple plus $300 per kid. That's $2,100 for my family. I'd like to just take it off my 2007 taxes when I file on April 15 2008, but I'm sure it won't work out that way.

My eight year old says he'll take his $300 in LEGOs.

Tom Woolford

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Florida
Don't forget that you will have to pay taxes on it next year, like they did with their last "rebate".

Lawrence R.

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
South Carolina
The opiate of the masses

What caused the downturn?

How will giving me, a person who isn't late on his mortgage, money fix what caused the problem?

They just want me to turn off the TV and go stand by my mailbox to see how much money I am going to get from them and when.

That way, I will only learn about the bad economy from re-runs, and when all my buddies lose thier jobs and it is too late.

Luckily, I work full time for the government, and won't feel the crunch.

Let them eat cake, 300 dollars worth.

JTip

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Pennsylvania
It will only help China's economy.

You see, every couple getting $1200 will go out and buy a new big screen LCD tv. Me? I'm paying off my gold tooth.

Restrain

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Florida
Too bad I won't get it before Super Bowl Sunday :D

Professional Status
State
North Carolina
I think the VAST MAJORITY of it will end up right back in the hands of the banks and insurance companies. Folks are gonna use it pay off credit card interest, or home mortage interest, or inusrance premiums.

A few hundred bucks for most folks aint gonna come CLOSE to stoppin' the bleeding. It just prolongs the ineveitable by a few days or months. After all, does NOTHING to alleviate the fact that they just dont make enough money to support thier lifestyle, or nothing to alleviate the possibility of them being laid off.

Its a $150 BILLION dollar windfall for the banks....the ones that need it least. The whole idea is a friggin joke as far as I'm concerned....Corporate America wins again...at our expense again. The $$$ just gets funneled through us to make us feel good...and to make it look legit.

todd

Mr Rex

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
North Carolina
Think about how many folks will or already have put an additional $1200 on their credit cards, because the check is on the way ( at some point in the future). Only in America.:new_all_coholic:

Fred

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Virgin Islands
As part of the economic stimulus program, the $300 that we should be getting, if we qualify, should be good enough to buy another muffler. We should buy stock from Midas 'cause they will be doing a lot of business. And this is supposed to help people from foreclosure. Washington needs to start telling it like it really is. Or maybe we should be telling Washington the way things really are. Something is very wrong. I just don't know.
Endorse the check and send it back. Tell them to throw it in with other revenues.

What caused the downturn?
Are you sure there is a downturn?

Karl

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Arizona
IF there was NO intervention then the Market would do what is suppose to do which is "Self Clean" & Readjust, then get back to business. Every intervention just prolongs the TRUE adjustment needed & will make the adjustment that much steeper, when there are no more bandaids. Pick any market Stocks, Bonds, Commonity OR Real EState they ALL make adjustments over time. More they screw with this one the more damage that will be created.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks