• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

40% of U.S. homeowners say their houses have risen in value

Status
Not open for further replies.

moh malekpour

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
California
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcon...eowners_07bus.ART.State.Edition1.4d9d523.html
Homeowners aren't going to let the worst national housing downturn in a generation interfere with their property value expectations.

A survey earlier this week found that asking prices for Dallas-area homes had risen more than 2 percent in the last three months.

Now, a national survey finds that 40 percent of U.S. homeowners think their house is worth more than it was a year ago. And 22 percent more believe their home price is unchanged, according to the poll by online real estate site Zillow.

The biggest increase in owner expectations was in the South, where almost half of homeowners surveyed said their house has gained in value in the last year.

TJSum

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Maryland
Not surprising, we run into these clowns all the time, they realize the market is tanking, but yet their home has not been affected by the downturn because they did some touch up painting and replaced a few lightbulbs within the past year...

c w d

Professional Status
General Public
State
Florida
I don't think 40% is anything to be surprised about. 28% of Americans think Bush is a good President. That's not too far off from each other.

Professional Status
State
Ohio
Not surprising, we run into these clowns all the time, they realize the market is tanking, but yet their home has not been affected by the downturn because they did some touch up painting and replaced a few lightbulbs within the past year...

and, as we all know from watching Flip This House, $25 worth of paint and lightbulbs adds $80,000 to the homes value.

Professional Status
State
Ohio
I don't think 40% is anything to be surprised about. 28% of Americans think Bush is a good President. That's not too far off from each other.

CWD, I thought political discussions weren't allowed on this forum? Since you started it, I will take the opportunity to mention that a recent study concluded that 99% of Dimocrats were satan-worshipping degenerate perverts............but that might be somewhat of an over generalization.

Dennis J. Black ASA IFAS

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Florida
Maybe some people consider our President too far to the left and that is why they disapprove. 72 % unfavorable does not mean 72% wish he were more like John Kerry.

xmtpedprl

Professional Status
General Public
State
Florida
No attacks on American soil since 9/11, the mortgage meltdown is hardly his fault, nor are the higher gas prices.

Overall, history will not record this President as a failure, it's just easy to be critical now.

Dave...

Mztk1

Professional Status
State
Florida
So 2 out 5 homeowners are ignorant about homes values, and 3 out of 5 appraisers are diehard rightwingers. Coincidence?

MS Rebel

Professional Status
State
Mississippi
CWD, I thought political discussions weren't allowed on this forum? Since you started it, I will take the opportunity to mention that a recent study concluded that 99% of Dimocrats were satan-worshipping degenerate perverts............but that might be somewhat of an over generalization.

:rof: :rof: :rof: :rof:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks