• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

73 Trillion.

Randolph Kinney

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
North Carolina
wow, ignoring your own data. :rof::rof:
The biggest challenge of ditching fossil fuels may not be economic. Even some clean-power advocates acknowledge technology isn’t available yet to run power grids entirely on renewables without jeopardizing reliability.

So the cost is irrelevant if you can't convert to 100% renewable energy.

Question: How long does CO2 molecule last in the atmosphere?

The lifetime in the air of CO2, the most significant man-made greenhouse gas, is probably the most difficult to determine, because there are several processes that remove carbon dioxide from the atmosphere. Between 65% and 80% of CO2 released into the air dissolves into the ocean over a period of 20–200 years.

Therefore, if all fossil fuels were 100% eliminated for any use, it would take up to 200 years to reduce the CO2 levels to whatever the natural level is without manmade emissions of CO2.

But, that should not be a reason not to convert to 100% renewable energy. Whatever the cost, if that is what the majority wants, go for it.

Meandering

Elite Member
Professional Status
Real Estate Agent or Broker
State
Pennsylvania
I am not a science denier! I am a science doubter. Not long ago the Scientist were telling us the Antarctic ice/snow pack was disappearing because of Man and Global Climate change.

The same scientist just discovered the antarctic ice pack his melting away from underneath by a very active Volcano.

Now if you want to argue that carbon based fuels/energy aka petroleum is finite, then I am on board with that! We should be looking for a way to replace that finite energy source.
Want to see some "ice melting" for yourself?

Do this quick before they read this post and edit their photos.

Got Google Earth?

Roll the earth around to the south pole, so you are looking at the Antarctic ice sheet.

Click the history tab at the top and slide it all the way to the left, the oldest should be like December 1957.

Notice the Peninsula and all the coast line.

Now slide the time line all the way right should be about Dec 2016 is the newest,

and see the ice grow.

:rof::rof::rof::rof:

Meandering

Elite Member
Professional Status
Real Estate Agent or Broker
State
Pennsylvania

Red Flint

Professional Status
General Public
State
Michigan
I will volunteer as the Stand in Comedian for Pitt Pete... to point a finger at all you climate deniers
Thank you for your courage. Here is some material if you get a cold audience.

If you meet a woman, start talking about global warming. It’s a real icebreaker. She'll melt into your arms! It really heats things up. It may get you in hot water though.

And another one to break the ice: Global warming is a joke. Even the Antarctic ice sheets are cracking up.

I know global warming is bad, but wouldn't it be funny if dinosaurs made humans go extinct?

Amy Perkins

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Tennessee
Give me a break! Everyone knows this will never happen. We could of had much cheaper transportation via electric trains. Our medical system is still 1970's techology. One word, profit. We can never and I mean never be Star Trek, too many greedy people. Communism only leads to dictatorships, can we all agree?

George Hatch

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
California
Humans tend to act like.....humans. It may be true that Human Nature is inherently evil and self centered in comparison to the "we're better than that" ethos to which people think we should follow, but it is what it is. For our evolution fans it has been that human nature that literally what got us to where we are today, with living standards that are better than ever for more people than ever. We could not have gotten here by voluntarily refraining from trying to do better for ourselves at the individual and household level.

Most people will act according to what they perceive to be their own self interests relative to the opposition of those self interests. When the opposition is at the tribal level it's tribe vs tribe. When its at the national level its nation vs nation. In theory the human race could unite against the existential threat but in order for that to happen most everyone would have to be convinced it is the existential threat.

And the blatant and undeniable prevalence of the social justice and economic inequality themes which infest global warming politics virtually ensure that the human race as a whole will not be taking this threat seriously at any point in the near future. There are too many people who can plainly see that the demand is for the haves to volunteer to give way to the have-nots. In direct contradiction to the fundamentals of human nature, whether you attribute that to God's imprint on mankind or evolution.

You can fight human nature if you want, but in the end people are going to continue to act like people. Getting angry and frustrated about your failure to change that will be futile.

Last edited:

Randolph Kinney

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
North Carolina
And the blatant and undeniable prevalence of the social justice and economic inequality themes which infest global warming politics virtually ensure that the human race as a whole will not be taking this threat seriously at any point in the near future. There are too many people who can plainly see that the demand is for the haves to volunteer to give way to the have-nots.
(y)

Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks