• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

9 Signs Housing Market Will Only Get Hotter In 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meandering

Elite Member
Professional Status
Real Estate Agent or Broker
State
Pennsylvania
They left out the part about the company that makes "for sale" signs moved to Mexico and therefore can make the signs cheaper, increasing demand for more signs.

TJSum

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Maryland
I noticed some cooling off in the upper priced homes in some areas this year while the rest of the market is still hot with a real shortage of inventory. Potomac, MD upper end has a large supply of actives with stagnant pricing at best. This same upper end was the first to get the memo during the past several market changes.

timd354

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Maryland
I noticed some cooling off in the upper priced homes in some areas this year while the rest of the market is still hot with a real shortage of inventory. Potomac, MD upper end has a large supply of actives with stagnant pricing at best. This same upper end was the first to get the memo during the past several market changes.
A cooling off every so often is a good thing.

Elliott

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Oregon
Yeah, but....

April new home sales fall from near 9-1/2-year high
Tuesday, 23 May 2017 | 10:10 AM ETReuters

April new home sales fall from near 9-1/2-year high Tuesday, 23 May 2017 | 2:30 PM ET | 00:40

New U.S. single-family home sales tumbled from near a 9-1/2-year high in April, but the housing recovery likely remains intact amid a tightening labor market.

The Commerce Department said on Tuesday new home sales declined 11.4 percent to a seasonally adjusted annual rate of 569,00 units last month. March's sales pace was revised up to 642,000 units, which was the highest level since October 2007.

AMF13

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
California
I think we have reached critical mass here in So Cal, but it will take a few years before the explosion. There is a lot of building going on all over the place. Linked in keeps sending me messages there's 123,000 jobs in LA. Eventually it will go too far and blammo! Sooner than later perhaps if the current so called administration gets its way. :peace:

A K

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Maryland

Yeah. The high end in Potomac has struggled ever since the financial crisis. Seems to me like a lot of sellers are downsizing and moving downtown and the buyers all want to be inside the beltway these days.

timd354

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Maryland
Yeah. The high end in Potomac has struggled ever since the financial crisis. Seems to me like a lot of sellers are downsizing and moving downtown and the buyers all want to be inside the beltway these days.
I am originally from Montgomery County and I used to appraise in Potomac quite often. I would imagine that Potomac proper is still doing fairly well well, while N. Potomac and the areas of Potomac located more towards Rockville and Darnestown or far out towards Poolesville are not doing quite as well. That is also a very liberal area so I wonder if the election of Trump has caused some of the lethargy in that area. Of course, maybe I am completely off base since I have not lived nor appraised in that area for about a decade

A K

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Maryland
I am originally from Montgomery County and I used to appraise in Potomac quite often. I would imagine that Potomac proper is still doing fairly well well, while N. Potomac and the areas of Potomac located more towards Rockville and Darnestown or far out towards Poolesville are not doing quite as well. That is also a very liberal area so I wonder if the election of Trump has caused some of the lethargy in that area. Of course, maybe I am completely off base since I have not lived nor appraised in that area for about a decade

Most of Potomac is doing just fine. Schools are good so I think there will always be good demand at the low and middle price ranges. It is just the $2+ million resale market that is really struggling there. Why is a pretty complicated question. I think the main reasons include that DC has become a pretty nice place to live and downtown Bethesda has become the center of the luxury market in MoCo. Potomac is kind of out there and there is nothing there except for Potomac Village.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks