• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

A Big Thank You, McKissock.

djd09

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Ohio
Wonderful classes. Great Service. Definite repeat. Residential inspection class was great.

TRESinc

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Ohio
I like them. I know some here abhor them. They are the McDonald's of CE.
i agree, and following your thought line the property inspection class is the equivalent of a 4 piece chicken mcnugget - child's play. i took it 2 or 3 years ago thinking it would give me some insights and the class was a joke. i suppose it could be useful to someone who has no concept of how to inspect a house let alone be an appraiser.

djd09

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Ohio
negative thoughts do not derail my fantastic experience from McKissock. :)

They go with the dictionary definition of 'independent'. The so called USPAP experts around here should take a class and learn the correct version of the definition of an appraiser.

Elliott

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Oregon
Tres,
The Appraisal Foundation's virtual reality course is just around the corner to teach you how to do home inspections.

Parea2.JPG

norapp

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
New York
I used McKissock for many years. Twice found they were peddling incorrect info. I argued a revision request with info I had just read on McKissock and sent it to the AMC. I was proven wrong. Called McKissock re: them teaching incorrect material and the response was sometimes our info is not up to date. I no longer use them.

djd09

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Ohio
I argued a revision request with info I had just read on McKissock and sent it to the AMC. I was proven wrong.
sorry to hear that. i personally wouldn't source any class room material as documentation. can you give details about that situation?

TRESinc

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Ohio
Tres,
The Appraisal Foundation's virtual reality course is just around the corner to teach you how to do home inspections.
can't be any more of a waste of time than the mckissock course was. i honestly felt like i was ripped off and wondered how many other appraisers had been scammed in the same way. it made the basic appraisal 101 class look like a graduate level course.

now we see at least one thinks it is a valid, worth-while course. imagine that.

TC

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Pennsylvania
Never had a problem with McKissock in all the years I've been taking their classes, both on-line and classroom. I know a few of their instructors personally and find them to be very good. Looks like appraisers not only hate AMCs but also CE. Where do all you McKissock haters go for your CE?

Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks