• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

A Big Thank You, McKissock.

J Grant

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Florida
Too funny - I've never been able to get through an AI on-line course in less than 4 hours. My McKissock record is 45 minutes ...
For the exact same content class?

Every online class I have taken is timed. Even if we are smart enough to rush through, there is a timer running and can not advance to next page until enough minutes have gone by on current page, plus must complete mini quizzes must take to advance to next section. If it is a 6 hour credit course they have their ways of making sure you did attend for 6 hours...

Last edited:

Carlos Danger

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
New Jersey
Most of the on line courses I've taken aren't timed. You can skip through and take the quizzes and move on. Some even have a feature where you can speed up the videos. I took the 2 hour law course in way less than an hour

ramrcdk

Professional Status
State
North Carolina
Most of the on line courses I've taken aren't timed. You can skip through and take the quizzes and move on. Some even have a feature where you can speed up the videos. I took the 2 hour law course in way less than an hour
More info PLEASE where to Google those speedy classes.

Mr Rex

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
North Carolina
All of them. When they first rolled out there was a requirement to require the full time spent. Now not so much. I am an official graduate of an off shoot of the Evelyn Wood Speed Reading Curriculum and read between 1500 and 2000 words per minute (particularly when its a subject I am familiar with, and after all the years most CE is a re-run). Most of the time I can do 7 hours in +/-2. They are required to test you after each section to "slow you down" but if you know the info, why should you spend extra time on it?

ramrcdk

Professional Status
State
North Carolina
All of them. When they first rolled out there was a requirement to require the full time spent. Now not so much. I am an official graduate of an off shoot of the Evelyn Wood Speed Reading Curriculum and read between 1500 and 2000 words per minute (particularly when its a subject I am familiar with, and after all the years most CE is a re-run). Most of the time I can do 7 hours in +/-2. They are required to test you after each section to "slow you down" but if you know the info, why should you spend extra time on it?
OK that is good to know ! I've been pittlin' & shuffling slowly to get another cup of coffee...for nothing. RE-RUN is right !

Michigan CG

Staff member
Professional Status
State
Michigan
I've never been able to get through an AI on-line course in less than 4 hours. My McKissock record is 45 minutes ...
AI USPAP update took me over 6 hours; McKissock USPAP took me less than 2 hours.

ucbruin

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Massachusetts
Would it be unethical to complete a 6 hour class in 2 hours....

Then claim you took a 6 hour class? :unsure:

djd09

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Ohio
does it matter if one can run a mile in 4 minutes or 12 minutes. it is still a mile.

Reactions: DTB

Michigan CG

Staff member
Professional Status
State
Michigan
Would it be unethical to complete a 6 hour class in 2 hours....

Then claim you took a 6 hour class? :unsure:
I didn't cheat the system. Both providers know exactly how long it took me to take the class as they keep track of that.

ucbruin

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Massachusetts
I didn't cheat the system. Both providers know exactly how long it took me to take the class as they keep track of that.
"...providers know..."

Okay, so the providers know....
But what about the state professional licensing department???

But not too worry, the last 3 cycles I too used McKissock online.... :LOL:

Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks