• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

A Big Thank You, McKissock.

PL1957

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Illinois
For the exact same content class?
Of course not - that's my whole point. The McKissock classes I've taken are essentially content free. Click, click through the screens, take the quiz and move on. It's like I said, the fast food of CE. Fills the education log cheap.

The only time I take online ed is when I can't squeeze in class time. I don't expect much and I'm not disappointed. AI online is a pain because I have to read the material and think about the questions, sometimes even having to have online discussion with an instructor - not what I'm looking for online.

Mr Rex

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
North Carolina
Would it be unethical to complete a 6 hour class in 2 hours....

Then claim you took a 6 hour class? :unsure:
It's unethical that the semi annual required 7 hour USPAP update course is a 2 hour course stretched to 7 in person.

J Grant

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
Is it my computer?I am idiot too honest ?I get Cont ed with a timer that does not let me advance till the minutes are up, then again I have not personally used Mckissok in years so maybe I should and zip through the screens if it really lets one do that..lol though I do sign I took X hours so I don't know if I would, I guess I am an idiot then...for online I often use Gold Coast which is a FL school that has live courses as well, imo the online is a bit more demanding because the live course have no quizzes except the final test... the material is not hard just boring....

ucbruin

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Massachusetts
Is it my computer?I am idiot too honest ?I get Cont ed with a timer that does not let me advance till the minutes are up, then again I have not personally used Mckissok in years so maybe I should and zip through the screens if it really lets one do that..lol though I do sign I took X hours so I don't know if I would, I guess I am an idiot then...for online I often use Gold Coast which is a FL school that has live courses as well, imo the online is a bit more demanding because the live course have no quizzes except the final test... the material is not hard just boring....
I used to take online through MBREA and their provider's program required, at a minimum, the required hours....

norapp

Professional Status
State
New York
sorry to hear that. i personally wouldn't source any class room material as documentation. can you give details about that situation?
It happened about 5 years ago and I can't remember what it was but the info was dead wrong and unfortunately I did argue it and ended up looking really bad. I never did that again, argue what was in class material. Lesson learned. Just not the one they were teaching.

Mr Rex

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
North Carolina
The last in person FHA class I took I had to correct the instructor several times. I considered getting up and walking out and filing a complaint with the board but sat there and got my hours in ( I hope the instructor had constructive evidence that he better up his game in the future). It was the last in person class I have taken except the USPAP update and a Green Energy/HERS rating class. Unless there is another issue like the HERS rating that warrants in person classes, I will never sit on crappy hotel or Community College chairs for hours at the time when I have a really comfortable office chair and several good size screens and an Altec Lansing speaker system with a subwoofer in my office. I never was into self inflicted pain if it can be avoided.

TRESinc

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Ohio

i believe all the mckissock classes are go at your own speed, so if you know the material, or the class is a joke like how to inspect a property, you can get it done as fast as you can click - no time requirements. trust me, it's not worth the money you spend but some people just want the paper at the end and don't care about anything else (sound familiar??). i wasted my time once with them and i will never do it again. i'm sticking to in person classes locally, mostly taught by a member of the NSREA.

TC

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Pennsylvania
Too funny - I've never been able to get through an AI on-line course in less than 4 hours. My McKissock record is 45 minutes ...
If you did the USPAP class update in 45 minutes, I salute you.

djd09

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Ohio
i fail to understand why i need to be in a class room for 7 hours to discuss USPAP changes in 5 minutes.

Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks