• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Forum Sponsor - a la mode

Learn more about Titan Reports, our new cloud-based formfiller, SmartExchange, Titan Office, and Titan Drive to see how you can revolutionize your appraisal business.

A CD burning NO-NO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff Horton

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Alabama
I just messed up and thought I would save someone making the same mistake I made. Was burning some CD's for a freind. I need to put some info on the CD and my Sharpies are all big tipped so I decided to just use a Return address label and attach it on the face of the CD. I was very careful to make sure that it was firmly attached to the CD but you guessed it. I came loose in my New Yamaha CD burner.

I pulled it out and apart and got the label out. Never taken one of those apart before but hey I like a challange!! :)

So a word to the wise. DON"T DO THAT!! Use the regualar CD labels.

Farm Gal

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Nebraska
Hey Jeff:

Not to throw salt into the wound... but if you aren't a stikler for 'pretty' the sharpie you referenced works real well writing directly onto the CD :idea: and definitely won't cobble up your drive... :(

It hasn't rubbed off any of the cd's I have burned and if (and only IF) I get ambitious enough to start making pretty labels I can slap it right over the indelible ink hand printed version on the disc itself. All my CDS are hand labeled 8)

I now : NOW she tells me!!! :roll:

Jeff Horton

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Alabama
Actually Lee Ann I normally do just write with the Sharpie on the CD. I just had a lot of info to write on this one and the Sharpies I have are not fine tipped. They are just to darn big to write much on there. A fine tipped pen and a mailing label was ideal (i thought)

At least now I know to buy the correct labels next week when I order my blank Buisness Card CD's. Now wouldn't that make a good inpression? Send out a CD to a potential client and jam up his machine!! :)

Sorry to dispoint you but no salt in this wound. :) LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks