• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

A General SRA.just a garbage report!

Status
Not open for further replies.

wickedness1

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Ohio
I'm so aggrivated right now! Doing a review on an SRA's appraisal..

1st mistake: "The accompanied LIMITED Summary Appraisal Report"..does he not know that this was done away with when the Departure Rule went bye-bye?

2nd mistake: SPECIFIC ZONING is RESIDENTIAL, LOL..NO KIDDING..you mean they live in the house? Oh & its a legal lot..NOPE its actually legal non-conforming..oops, little mistakes (LOL) Real zoning is AA1.

3rd mistake: SHOT THE WRONG D*NM COMP PICTURE...then he adjusted a total of $15,800 because it was in such BAD SHAPE...oopsie the REAL comp was immaculate & WASN'T LIME FRICKIN GREEN it was white with black shutters! Even ZILLOW caught that one!

4th mistake: OOOPSIE, didn't look to see that 6% FHA giveback deal LISTED RIGHT ON THE MLS SHEETS for comp 1, another -$9,257 adjustment not made!!!!!!!

I won't even go into the fact that he reconciled $15K over any of his highest comps sales prices!

Sorry...I just needed to vent! I have been studying SO hard, I feel like I'm gonna fail my Cert test, then to look at the CRUD produced by this SRA, GENERAL Appraiser makes me so mad! Plain & simple number pusher!
Must be a good test taker though, LMAO
m2: :new_snipersmilie: :new_all_coholic: :new_2gunsfiring_v1:

Joyce Potts

Elite Member
Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
I"m not quite sure how to respond.

If you're right--you might want to consider moving to the sunshine state.

If you're wrong--

Jim Onderisin

Professional Status
State
Illinois
Why is a trainee reviewing appraisals?

wickedness1

Professional Status
State
Ohio

I always review them, then my Supervisor reviews them to let me know what I missed...Its the best way to learn in my opinion.

I'm approved to sit for my Cert as well, so I'm not exactly a "newbie"

Workbox

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Colorado
Was thinking the same thing. But if he is properly being trained, he may have a reasonable argument. You never know. But his post seems reasonable. Maybe it was something handed to him by his supervisor as a learning assignment and is letting us know so he can continue to learn.

TJSum

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Maryland
Not sure how to respond either. I am wondering if he even did the report or just had some skippy do it for him and signed his name. How does one come up with a $15,800 condition adjustment, why not $15,700 or $15,900. :huh:

wickedness1

Professional Status
State
Ohio
Was thinking the same thing. But if he is properly being trained, he may have a reasonable argument. You never know. But his post seems reasonable. Maybe it was something handed to him by his supervisor as a learning assignment and is letting us know so he can continue to learn.

Absolutely Workbox, thanks

TJSum

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Maryland
Reviewing is a great way to learn, to see the good and the bad.

Workbox

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Colorado
Not sure how to respond either. I am wondering if he even did the report or just had some skippy do it for him and signed his name. How does one come up with a $15,800 condition adjustment, why not $15,700 or $15,900. :huh:
I had reviewed one report that the MAI had sent the wife to take pictures of the wrong lot and comps and the report was full of errors. The chief appraiser of this national bank is still buddies with the appraiser and last I heard he still send him assignments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks