• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

A I Vs. Montana ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Non Sequitur

Elite Member
Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Louisiana
Good stuff, it's a shame a la mode pulled their advertising. If anyone really wants to support Phil drop an email to your a la mode rep.

"Truth is like poetry. And most people [email protected](!*$ hate poetry."-The Big Short

hastalavista

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
California
Can anyone answer this question (as I do not regular listen to Phil Crawford's show): Has he invited, within the last 12-months or so, a spokesperson from the AI to address any of these issues he brings up?

I've seen a number of links to his blog posted here. I've heard a number of times when he paints the AI in negative terms (which is fine, it is his show), but I've yet to see a ling to one of his shows where he's interviewed someone from the AI (in an official capacity) and asked the AI directly about the issues he raises?

Anyone know if he has had an AI spokesperson on and has asked the that person about these issues which he asks everyone else about and that relates to the AI?

Terrel L. Shields

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Arkansas
Anyone know if he has had an AI spokesperson on and has asked the that person about these issues which he asks everyone else about and that relates to the AI?
...VERY clearly Phil has asked AI to participate but has been ignored...AND, what he is getting is a lot of earfuls from AI members who are livid over the action of AI Hdq. and their insane quarrel with TAF and about anyone who might support TAF. I don't understand the idea of alternative non-USPAP standards except to either eliminate FHA, VA, and Fannie special rules or to adopt modified USPAPs for each of them... I don't understand the AI stand to have multiple standards to get around USPAP and help create the sort of short form non-inspection appraisals AI apparently endorses, at least at the National level
...Denis, since you refuse to listen to what he is saying, why ask? LISTEN TO THE 142 PODCAST...JUST ONCE. Until you listen then hush. AI intruded in the business of one of the smallest groups of appraisers in America - 400 souls in Montana and Phil is interviewing a member of the state board.

AI sent a scathing letter to the Montana state board over a meeting that they had and complained they (the board) were overstepping their authority to even discuss it. Then they made the same complaint about the board to the GOVERNOR... BUT the Montana state Chair was not even aware of any such letter going out NOR was she consulted about it. WTF is AI headquarter doing? I know when I mentioned taking an AI course in Albuquerque to a local chapter officer and named the instructor as a past AI president, the member launched into a bitter attack on the guy and blamed him for AI pulling out of TAF. He was not a happy camper and said few people agreed with National in their chapter (Ozark). Frankly, two hours of our "class" was him defending his actions since he was before a chapter that had sent letters in opposition to pulling out of TAF. Perhaps I should have reported that to the state board and none of us would have gotten credit for taking the class. Now you got the short version...GO LISTEN TO THE PODCAST....is oral not visual...just listen.

hastalavista

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
California
...Denis, since you refuse to listen to what he is saying, why ask? LISTEN TO THE 142 PODCAST...JUST ONCE. Until you listen then hush. AI intruded in the business of one of the smallest groups of appraisers in America - 400 souls in Montana and Phil is interviewing a member of the state board.

Not having listened to all his podcasts is not refusing to listen, is it?

I did listen to your link and I did hear the Chair talk about the letter, etc.

My question is, has Crawford had a podcast with an AI representative in the last year or so that anyone is aware of. I don't think you are suggesting that I need to listen to the previous 52 podcasts before I ask that question, are you?

djd09

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Ohio
Phil is great. Why does AI need to be invited onto Phil show. Go do a podcast on your own. What AI is totally blinded by is the vision of the common appraiser. Green valuations? come on man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks