• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

A PC Christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doug Smith SRA

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Montana
To All My Democrat Friends:

Please accept with no obligation, implied or explicit, my best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low-stress, non-addictive, gender-neutral celebration of the winter solstice holiday, practiced within the most enjoyable traditions of the religious persuasion of your choice, or secular practices of your choice, with respect for the religious/secular persuasion and/or traditions of others, or their choice not to practice religious or secular traditions at all. I also wish you a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling and medically uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally accepted calendar year 2008, but not without due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures whose cont ributions to society have helped make America great. Not to imply that America is necessarily greater than any other country nor the only America in the Western Hemisphere. Also, this wish is made without regard to the race, creed, color, age, physical ability, religious faith or sexual preference of the wishee.

To All My Republican Friends:

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Riick

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Delaware
Revised

:new_2gunsfiring_v1:: Deleted

Last edited:

Ray Miller

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Wisconsin
And just how long did it take you to come up with that? I would send it off to ABC.

9:45 p.m and I have just about missed all of Gun Smoke.

Merry Christmas.

Doug Smith SRA

Professional Status
State
Montana
Not the author

And just how long did it take you to come up with that? I would send it off to ABC.

9:45 p.m and I have just about missed all of Gun Smoke.

Merry Christmas.

Not the author. This one slid into my e-mail from an appraiser friend in LV. Must be circulating in the web. My first thought was it was too true to be funny. I can't seem to shift to wishing everyone "Happy Holidays."

Right now I have my own PC dilemma. I have to give the Rotary Christmas Dinner invocation and not offend the diverse faith makeup of our club. :peace:

Ray Miller

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Wisconsin
Not the author. This one slid into my e-mail from an appraiser friend in LV. Must be circulating in the web. My first thought was it was too true to be funny. I can't seem to shift to wishing everyone "Happy Holidays."

Right now I have my own PC dilemma. I have to give the Rotary Christmas Dinner invocation and not offend the diverse faith makeup of our club. :peace:

I have faced that a few times. I was advised just to keep it to our God or our Father. Because most people believe in some God or Father. Those that are not belivers they just have to live with it.

Depending on the group I use to weigh how I did it. Now I don't. When they ask me to give and invocation they know where I stand when they ask me.

As the cowboy poem goes, "I don't feed'em the whole load", but I don't cut any corners either. I belive in sharing my faith, it's up to other to accept it or not.

murray stroupe

Professional Status
General Public
State
Tennessee
Re

I have faced that a few times. I was advised just to keep it to our God or our Father. Because most people believe in some God or Father. Those that are not belivers they just have to live with it.

Depending on the group I use to weigh how I did it. Now I don't. When they ask me to give and invocation they know where I stand when they ask me.

As the cowboy poem goes, "I don't feed'em the whole load", but I don't cut any corners either. I belive in sharing my faith, it's up to other to accept it or not.
===================
I dont like to ofend people generaly speaking;
would rather see a smile.

Like it or not America was founded on a Judeo-Christian foundation;
& free spech [a consittutional right/power] is much more important than few thin skinned selfish individuals .

Hark the herald angel sing-glory to the newborn king.

Jim Mallon

Professional Status
Gvmt Agency, FNMA, HUD, VA etc.
State
California
It's like shooting fish in a barrel, isn't it?

Joker

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Ohio

It's YOUR prayer to God, not a speech for those in attendance. Do not let the PC crowd impact the manner in which you pray.

Doug Smith SRA

Professional Status
State
Montana
Amen to That!

It's YOUR prayer to God, not a speech for those in attendance. Do not let the PC crowd impact the manner in which you pray.

You are persuasive:

Here it is:

Heavenly father, this is a time in our year when many of us turn our attention to the spiritual side of our lives, when we consider what light we will follow . . . In a world where conflict often appears to be a way of life, we give thanks that, as Rotarians, we can reach across so many borders to offer comfort, counsel and service to those in need. As we lift our voices in prayer, we give thanks that we have the ability to offer our time, our talents and our fortunes to serve our neighboring men and women. Thus in one accord, we join in fellowship and ask that this food nourish us and help us better fulfill our commitment to "Service above Self."

In the spirit of this special time of year, the words of Robert Lewis Stevenson are remembered in a Christmas Prayer:

A Christmas Prayer by Robert Louis Stevenson

Loving Father, Help us remember the birth of Jesus,
that we may share in the song of the angels,
the gladness of the shepherds,
and worship of the wise men.

Close the door of hate and open the door of love all over the world. Let kindness come with every gift and good desires with every greeting. Deliver us from evil by the blessing which Christ brings, and teach us to be merry with clear hearts.

May the Christmas morning make us happy to be thy children, and Christmas evening bring us to our beds with grateful thoughts, forgiving and forgiven, for Jesus' sake."

Bless us,
O Lord,
and these your gifts,
which we are about to receive
from your bounty.
Through Christ our Lord.

Amen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks