• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

A typical email on a typical day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Onderisin

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Illinois
email: If you have comparables to support $1,300,000 for the property at the following address, I'll send you an appraisal order. (No address indicated)

Respons: Yeah, right.

email: 155 Eagle, Nice Suburb, IL

Response: If Smith is the owner of that property, the assessor indicates the house is 5,000 sf and situated on a one-acre site. I can look at the property for you tomorrow or Monday. My fee is $zzz paid in advance. I won't play guessing games as to its market value. I can tell you it is located in a very nice subdivision in which many properties sell at over $1,000,000.

email: So, no matter what, the property will appraise at over $1,000,000?

Response: Like I mentioned, I don't guess property values...no way. Forget it. Just move on.

email: Good luck getting business, bro. Thanks anyway.

Brian Weaver

Professional Status
Gvmt Agency, FNMA, HUD, VA etc.
State
Illinois
Send me the e-mail from them.

Jim Onderisin

Professional Status
State
Illinois
Will do. People like him give loan originators a bad name. Let me know via private message or email your email address or the address to which I can send the offensive email.

Last edited:

JonGalt

Professional Status
State
Illinois
I got the same e-mail Thursday through my appraiserUSA account:

name: alex

contact me by: Email

I am a: lending institution

message: Please let me know if you have comps that support the value for the following property with $1,300,000. If you do let me know so I can order an appraisal with you.

I didn't even respond, I guess he missed the part of my listing which indicates we do not do comp checks. Broadcast comp checks, value shopping, why would anyone do a comp check? Complete waste of time.

bschmidt

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
State
California
I got this yesterday from an internet listing account. Must not be able to read because it states no comp checks!

name: Toni

phone: 800-000-0000 ext 203

contact me by: Email

I am a: lending institution

message: The property address is 1234 Residential St. Beaumont, State Zip Name Brian & Gail Homeowners. Is the value between 350 - 380K?

Last edited by a moderator:

Jim Onderisin

Professional Status
State
Illinois
Tha'ts exactly the one, John. And I thought I was special! The dude is broadcasting the request!

Brian: I sent a copy of the email exchange to your state email address. Let me know if you don't get it.

Last edited:

Brian Weaver

Professional Status
Gvmt Agency, FNMA, HUD, VA etc.
State
Illinois
I've taken care of it. You'll receive a copy of the letter next week.

Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Florida
Brian, please go have yourself cloned!!!!! We NEED at least 2 of you for EVERY state!

Thank you so very much for what you are doing! :Emoticon_hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks