• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

ABN AMBRO to start using AVM's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karl

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Arizona
That MIGHT work in the big fast paced area's that aren't having a SOFTENING of the MARKET. Really can't see that work in any RURAL area's.

Mountain Man

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Georgia
Oooh boy, that is not going to help with the NADAQ numbers. It will be interesting to see how long before their AA rating turns into an A minus.
Guess it is about time to put all of our junk rentals on the market for the AVMs to find the right numbers. I would like to take a year off. 8)

Dale Smalley

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Florida
Behind all those fancy letters and buzzwords.

It is an appraisal without the appraiser.

I guess they are trying to overcome the condition objection. But come a few REO jobs and the insurance will skyrocket.

Elliott

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Oregon
If I understand this right, FNIS will do
an inspection for a first mortgage, and
I assume they will give a single figure
called a "collaterial evaluation amount,"
based on some expoential correlation
curve fit.

So it isn't an appraisal? I wonder when
the state boards will get their heads
out of the sand?

elliott

Fred

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Virgin Islands
Elliot,
Pennsylvania's board got their heads out of the sand and were sued.

BarbaraNJ

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
New Jersey
Seems quite bold to me, rubbing the fed's nose into their own regulations.

My recollection is that one of the many regulations (maybe they were just recommendations) to come out of the S&L failures was to require independent valuations of real estate.

As I have said in many prior posts, when will the government wake up ??
Lenders decided it was much better to own the companies which were ordering the appraisal, title search, title insurance, etc. The next step was to go from having the appraisers as their (veiled) employee to doing away with the appraiser altogether.

And Steve is correct; try to fight it and they sue until they get their own way.

I have changed my opinion lately. It took many years for the last deceptions to crush the banking industry. I believe the big ones (Countrywide, WaMu, etc) will fall, but it will take a while. In the meantime, I don't know what will happen to this profession or how it will be affected.

Richard Carlsen

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Michigan
The first thing this company had better do is start getting their act together on service. I have heard more bad-mouthing of ABN AMRO in the past 4 months than all other lenders combined. I know of one $1MM plus house loan they lost because the LO wouldn't return the phone call for 2 weeks. My own former VA loan was with them (it started with Standard Federal) and when we were ready to close on a sale, they said they could mail the payoff info but not guarantee that it would arrive in time or they could fax if for a small $40 fee. We said fax. Guess what. The payoff numbers were wrong and we had to return an extra $140 to the title company ASAP.

Guess when you are that big, you don't have to pay any attention to your customers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks