• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Absolutely MUST WATCH video, game changer

DTB

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Illinois
I have been lifting weights for 48 years, started out wanting to be Mr. Universe, get the chicks etc. I found that I like the solitude of the training and I like to be stronger than just about everybody. The science behind strength training and quality of life in later years is just coming to the fore. I have shared this video with everyone I know in the hopes that they will take heed of the advice therein. I share with you:

KHS445

Professional Status
Appraiser Trainee
State
Michigan
Great video and well worth watching. I noticed your post just after returning from the Fitness Center this morning and immediately watched it. I will be sharing it with my family, a couple of friends from the Fitness Center and the Fitness Center Manager. Makes sense, just takes the desire to get started and the willingness to stick with it. As I think about the people I know there are some old that are old at 50 and others are young at 80.

It is not how old you are, but how you are old.

Renee Healion

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Connecticut
Very interesting, thanks. I did listen whilst sit-slouching and working, so I feel a bit bad about that. :)

Bobby Bucks

Elite Member
Professional Status
Real Estate Agent or Broker
State
North Dakota
Like so many things it's a matter of putting aside enough time and sticking to a schedule.

Terrel L. Shields

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Arkansas
Bizarro is one of my favorites. He does a cartoon for True West Magazine. They're hilarious. Problem with any exercise is the nature of your limits. I lifted weights in college. Bucked hay in summer etc. At age 18 I was diagnosed with arthritis and trick knees. I thought it not a big deal, work thru the pain, wear a brace. Over 10 years I finally went to an orthopedic doctor who didn't give me operation or drugs for pain as options. He taught me that pain is not your friend. At age 45 I was told I had perfectly normal arthritis for a man of 70. But he told me to do exercises very carefully. High intensity exercise is not an option. And I seriously doubt hunter gatherers lived to 72 on average. Otzi the iceman had cardiovascular disease, and was in his 40s. Archaeologists will rarely uncover a body over 50 years age.

DTB

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Illinois

Terrel L. Shields

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Arkansas
Key is low impact and when you have bone to bone contact (zero cartilage in both knees) Picking up weights or stooping over makes the knee cap try to pop sideways.
If you don't exercise, then the arthritis gets worse. So there is a window of opportunity. FYI, the "caveman diet" is a bunch of bunk. Paleo diet was often carrion and tubers, nuts and berries in season and fresh meat was a luxury in most places.

Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks