• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Forum Sponsor - a la mode

QuickSource provides a single-source solution to easily import, compare, and manage data from multiple, credible sources in every report. See what the next game-changer is really all about.

Absolutely No Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Connie Marines

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
New York
So my ACI "service" contract came up for renewal. $600 with maps. I probably call less than ten times a year for help. I called today because I have an appraisal where I did not review fully executed contract. Checked box that I did not review fully executed contract and the appraisal will not convert to xml format. No matter what I do. So I called ACI and the "support" person said he doesn't know why because he's "not an appraiser." He's never had a call asking that question before. He has no idea how to convert it. WHy do they have a box that you can check that says I did not review the contract but then not allow me to convert to xml format?

ucbruin

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Massachusetts
I'm not technical minded at all so my suggestion maybe something you already performed...

Did you rerun the eservice mismo after you made your revision(s)?

I apologize if my response is too elementary...

Connie Marines

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
State
New York
Thank you for your response...and it's really a nice response because I usually hold my breath when I post on here ;) ....I tried it every which way. WIthout any info, with info, it just won't convert. I don't think there's anyway to convert unless you state that you've reviewed contract.

Noreen

Professional Status
State
New Hampshire
So my ACI "service" contract came up for renewal. $600 with maps. I probably call less than ten times a year for help. I called today because I have an appraisal where I did not review fully executed contract. Checked box that I did not review fully executed contract and the appraisal will not convert to xml format. No matter what I do. So I called ACI and the "support" person said he doesn't know why because he's "not an appraiser." He's never had a call asking that question before. He has no idea how to convert it. WHy do they have a box that you can check that says I did not review the contract but then not allow me to convert to xml format?

Because it's a "Hard Stop". We are supposed to review the signed P&S for sales, no matter what anyone says, we cannot send in an assignment without this.

A K

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Maryland
It is pretty stupid that the software has that much control. I would bet $1 that maybe it wants you to make the report subject to review of contract.

Connie Marines

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
State
New York
Ahhh..I did not try that! I will absolutely do that right now.

Connie Marines

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
State
New York
Ahhh..I did not try that! I will absolutely do that right now.

No, that did not work. Great suggestion though.I think NOreen is correct. And I told them that when I accepted the assignment... and they said to proceed.

Connie Marines

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
State
New York
Because it's a "Hard Stop". We are supposed to review the signed P&S for sales, no matter what anyone says, we cannot send in an assignment without this.
I have looked everywhere to try and get that in writing and have been unable to find it.

ucbruin

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Massachusetts

Noreen,

Excellent observation!!!! :clapping:

Noreen

Professional Status
State
New Hampshire
No, that did not work. Great suggestion though.I think NOreen is correct. And I told them that when I accepted the assignment... and they said to proceed.

If only they would know what they are talking about....I bet that's what happened. And I learned this when I was waiting for the signed contract and they wanted the report into underwriting. It just doesn't work that way any more...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks