• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

ACI 2006 and Delorme Street Atlas 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

tyfsu

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Florida
Sorry for posting this thread in the urgent section but I'm trying to resolve this issue before the end of the day and I'm hoping someone out there can help.

I've been using the latest version of street atlas (2009) with ACI 2006 and no problems. However, today for some reason ACI doesn't recognize street atlas anymore and wants me to use map point. I tried reinstalling both ACI and street with no success. I then called ACI support and they told be street atlas 2009 doesn't work with ACI 2006 but only the new ACI 2009 and I need to upgrade now. This can’t be true because it has been working fine for me for the past few months.

Is there anyone who knows how to fix this problem?

Thank you in advance for any suggestions.

c w d

Professional Status
General Public
State
Florida
Have you ever heard of planned obsolescence? It's perfectly believable that a webupdate for ACI 2006 broke your Delorme to get you to upgrade. You might want to look on the net for a way to use the new Delorme 2009 map data with Delorme 2008 or whatever the last version was. I did this with Mappoint 2006 using MS Street's and Trips 2008 map data so that it would work with ACI. Both are essentially the same mapping software from Microsoft.

In the past we've had mapping software issues, particularly with Delorme when several folks upgraded from the older version to the 2008 version. ACI made it clear to us that it was a low priority for them to fix it, that they wanted us to use their online MapPoint mapping service.

Last edited:

Flakey

Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
South Carolina
Spend your upgrade money on some better appraisal software.

vanguard

Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Minnesota
Try transforming the map page to a PDF format. Paste and stick it to an exhibit or map page in the ACI program.

c w d

Professional Status
General Public
State
Florida
Try transforming the map page to a PDF format. Paste and stick it to an exhibit or map page in the ACI program.

Well, if you're going to do that, why not just "copy" the map from Delorme and paste it into ACI. I do this with Mappoint whenever I need a handmade map for additional comparables and stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks